fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

4 posters

labor day labor

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

labor day labor Empty labor day labor

Post by Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:04 pm

ah--finally some cooler temps--changed the water pump on the 95 olds--that went well--realized the cat converter is in need of a good reaming Cool -- fired the van up and figured out the trans is a goner--it moved far enough to get it out of the way--got the olds up on blocks & the bolts all soaked with rust buster--the home made brand--i love the stuff--50/50 acetone/trans fluid--i'll let it sit tonite and have at it in the am

hope all is well with everyone

sure wish some of that rain going to waste in nola was up here--oh well, one blessing at a time
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

labor day labor Empty Re: labor day labor

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Pretty laid back day here, no parts stores open. I picked up a MF rider I bought Sat, seems like it won't need much. I got the has tank and carb cleaned out, get new fuel line and filter on tomorrow and see how it goes, sounded real good running on B12 Berryman's. Paid $50 for it, probably a $300 mower at best, I'll have a couple ready to sell for next year. I still have a Murray that needs some engine work and the 145 Ford garden tractor. It needs a new carb and it has been laying here for 3 months, just haven't got to it with all the customer work.
    I sold a 111 JD last week for $450, a little light but the season is over. I had maybe $100 into it and used it all summer. I'm looking at a 76 Jeep CJ half cab. I think I can get it for 8, should be able to clean it up and get 15-18 hundred. 46,000 actual miles, not too bad of shape.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Managed to get the timing belt and water pump changed on the probe.
    Did a bunch of painting on the portable chicken coop.
    Did a bit of work on the back deck, got one post changed, but had to stop cause I needed new screws.

Also got to go to the state fair on Sunday.
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:47 am

Got a flat fixed on my travel trailer, repaired a marine a/c at the marina for a $100, had 2 marine a/c's given to me last week and sold one of then for $200. patched a old,(free) new to me spinnaker for my boat or I might sell it, should bring $200. Washed the boat and truck. Changed both diesel filters on my truck. Cleaned my K&N. Drank some beer, cleaned some dove my son got. Forgot to seperate some for me and he took them all home. Had a good weekend, it was way to windy to sail was the only down side
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:55 pm

sounds like a prosperous bunch

i have not seen a dove in several weeks--seems like since spring nearly--i suppose they are sticking close by any good water holes

i performed a surgical procedure on an exhaust system--kinda like drilling hard rock with a chipping hammer--the patient is doing just fine labor day labor 301330

this cooler weather is sooooo much better
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:47 am

Yesterday I had a 4 year old marine a/c given to me. The deal is I repair another one for him. I have to replace the reversing valve on it for him. He can't find anyone who knows how. Good thing for me lol. This one is worth $1500 to $2000. It needs a RV as well to heat but I don't want heat so I just remove it and pipe it up for a/c only.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content