fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

More pickin

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

More pickin Empty More pickin

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Picked up a 50 Chevy fleetline today.Barnyard car, no engine but a title. Also got a model A front axle and bumper, several aluminum wheels including a decent pair of old vintage Superior aluminum slots, 30 pounds or so of #1 copper, some nice Wyo. plates and a #5 Newhouse wolf trap with US markings and "PROPERTY OF THE UNITED STATES on the bottom. Ironically I had just bought a treble hook style drag for a wold trap last week. All for $200. But the real home run was my picking buddy. He found a big round porcelain Texaco sign for $5.
    We were picking within 1/2 mile of where they shot some of Close Encounters movie. Wicked awesome country around Devils Tower.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

More pickin Empty Re: More pickin

Post by Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 am

i really need to see that country in person someday--i have flown over it--it's coming
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Thats sounds like some good pickin WB. My rv frig died so I got a new Frigidaire that fit real good in the existing opening and hauled the old one to the recycler. Got $12.50 for it. I was surprised. It was a amonia unit so all steel and no copper
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:38 pm

My freind got everything that was good off the fleetline and filled it with junk. I hauled it to the crusher, stopped off for coffee at my sisters and her husband gave me a car someone left there, big old lincoln. So I winched it up on the trailer, brought it home and reained the fluids, went by a friends and hucked it full of old junk shelving. Same day, to the crusher again, made clear about $550 that day after expenses.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content