fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

+2
Admin
CJ,s 67 F100
6 posters

Leaving Friday for the deer lease

CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Leaving Friday for the deer lease Empty Leaving Friday for the deer lease

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Last week and this week have been busy. Its kind of hard packing when half of the stuff you need is 90 miles east.
    I will pick up my Honda Rubicon from my storage building Thursday night
    but it wouldnt fit in the one I have here so I had make my 36" wide door 52" wide.
    Picked up a new battery for it today, added the acid and its on the charger
    You''d think a atv battery would last over 10 years, but no 10 years is all
    Got bags packed everyplace. making my list and checking twice lol
    Changed the oil and filter on the truck tonight
    Cleaned and reinstall the K&N last night.
    Checked everything else I could think of.
    I always figured if I had my gun and ammo the rest would take care of itself.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Leaving Friday for the deer lease Empty Re: Leaving Friday for the deer lease

Post by Admin Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:20 am

that's why i never could be a "real" biker---i gotta carry too much stuff with me Leaving Friday for the deer lease 301330

good luck with the hunt--seems like the wild life patterns are off this year--in some places--my CO buds got shut out on elk this year--they seem to be down in the foothills already
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:03 am

Yea I know what you mean. That U-haul behind your Harley kinda ruins your rep lol
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:43 am

Good luck to ya on the hunt. Lots of game numbers down. Antelope are scarce here the last couple years. Elk are almost non-existent up in the wolf country I've heard. Plenty of deer around here tho, haven't heard of any big-uns yet.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Numbers are WAY down here too, if you talk to the F&G people...but if you listen to the newspaper, they're about average...gee, wonder how that happens? haha
    Talked to a couple guys on Friday that did see some big wolf tracks on the hill here... guess I better get some iron oiled up and scopes cleaned. tongue
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Last year the F&G claimed the lions now get as many deer as the hunters in the Black Hills. I'm betting it's way more, dam lions are practically an epidemic anymore.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Yinz is welcome to bring a couple of livestock trailers and haul some white tails back. We are fukkin polluted with them. I see so many get hit on the roads it makes me sad. Sad
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Got two white tail doe for meat. Saw 50-80 deer every day. No mucho grandes yet. We had 3 good 10 pointers taken and several doe. We agreed not to shoot anything under 10 pointers except spikes. 6 coons and 1 bobcat. Dang coons can eat as much corn as a deer and at $8.95 a bag that ain't happening. Necks are swelling up and they are starting to chase the does. I should have waited another week for the rut to get full blown. Our deer are in good shape with just about as much fat on them as normal. I don't know what they are eating in this drought but they are finding something. Had a few rains and the wheat is up 3" I got one ferrel hog boar about 250# He stunk so bad we just drug him off. The big russian boars dont stink but the ferrels do. Why?
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Here's a question.

Can those feral hogs be eaten, or are they just to nasty?
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:09 pm

You can eat them but the bug boars are nasty
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 am

Spart, we eat the small ones, shoats and young sows and boars in ferrel hogs. Seems like the stink in the boars starts at 120# to a 130# We eat all the Russians. If a big boar smells nasty you can hang him up by the head and cut out the back strap or center of the pork chop. For some reason the stink is not in that cut of meat. We shoot every one we see good or bad. They are very destructive here. About like a 350 JD cat on steroids with an attitude. The one I shot came from a wet wheat field and he was covered in mud. No telling how much 3" wheat he destroyed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:20 am