fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

+2
spartman
Admin
6 posters

looks like spring has sprung

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

looks like spring has sprung Empty looks like spring has sprung

Post by Admin Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:17 am

everyone is busy

be well
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

looks like spring has sprung Empty Re: looks like spring has sprung

Post by spartman Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:03 am

Noticed it was pretty quiet here.

Really cant do much up here yet. Now that the snow is mostly gone, gotta be careful for the next month cause the ground is starting to thaw.

Did try putting my walker down pipe on my truck, found out I have to do some messaging to make it fit though, cant do that till I move the truck up to the cement pad and get some acetylene.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Yah, just running. Went to a ridiculously overpriced sale yesterday. Took all of 20 minutes to walk around and RUN away. Stopped by a guy's house on the way back and scored a front truck for my McCormick Binder that I've been hunting for. looks like spring has sprung Icon_cheers Gonna call him back today on a New Idea side delivery rake and an IHC horsedrawn shit spreader as well as a bunch of other small stuff he had laying around.
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:32 pm

sounds like a good find looks like spring has sprung Icon_cheers
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Worked on my Cougar today. Changed out the riders side lower control arm. Took care of a LOT of steering issues.

Still have to change the drivers side, but it was getting windy from the north and cold.

I can tell Im getting older, cant take the cold like I used to.
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:32 am

Ya shoulda said something John I have two front trucks for IH binders and mowers! I need a set of transport wheels for my McCormick binder. If you need some IH horse drawn manure spreader parts let me know there is one in the junk pile I bought that doesn't look complete.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 am

Damn, wish I'd have known that Lance! I do need the triangle brackets that hold the beater bars on the upper reel of the spreader. Both are broken on the one I just bought. As for transport wheels for the binder, we're looking for some too. This guy had some, and they had been clamped to a wooden beam to make a full length axel for something else...so he threw them in a fire to burn the wood off so that it would be easier to scrap. looks like spring has sprung Icon_eek Ohwell.... day late, as usual. The fire was still smoking when we were there, and it had gotten plenty hot, so I guess they're toast.... and besides, they had the wrong wheels, so we're still looking. I'll keep my eyes out anyhow.
    The dog's sick today, and it's pouring, so doesn't sound like I'm headed down to pick it all up until tomorrow.
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:08 pm

c'mon Lance-----ya gotta keep up with this stuff-----sheesh--whaddya tink we keep ya round 4 looks like spring has sprung 366584
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 pm

We're looking for a horse drawn shit spreader too. Sis is wanting something to keep the Frisans exercised. I was going to start restoring the IH dosc and it seems someone needed the tongue worse than me. Probably my nephew. Now I have to find another one.
    My picking bud has an extra Harley so I got to go for a putt yesterday. We rode up to Deadwood and had a sody pop and a good cigar, about a 50 mile ride. I was a little shakey at first, ain't rode much in years. The bike was a 2003 Heritage soft tail, 2 into one Vance and Hines pipes sounded real sweet. It was fun but these old guys ride too slow, I hate having cars pass me all the time.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:02 am

We drug home the spreader and the New Idea rake yesterday.... got home about 7pm and it started to snow....now we have about 3" of new stuff. I'll throw some pics up as we unload.
    JH
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 pm

We're supposed to get some tonight. Maybe 2 feet up higher, probably just a few inches here.
    19674x4
    19674x4

Post by 19674x4 Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 pm

got bout 2" last night and sposed to get a lil more today

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 am