fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

chitty day

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

chitty day Empty chitty day

Post by hardtailjohn Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 am

Got up at 6am to start coffee this morning and looked out the front door when I let the dog out, there lies Louie, our 20 year old Clyde, dead. He came in during the night (they had been out grazing all night), found a soft pile of old hay to lay down in, and never even kicked, just died. He'd been in at about 8:30 when we fed them all supper, and was doing great. Bright eyed and the typical character he always was. He tried to follow Kate into the house when she carried a sack of grain in from the car.
    Kate has had him since he was just 2, and he's been a real fixture in her life since then, and in mine since I met her.
    He's the one in the pic below (our wedding announcement) with his head over our shoulders....typical Louie.
    Been a bleary eyed, rainy, shitty day around here......

chitty day 104_0481
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

chitty day Empty Re: chitty day

Post by Admin Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:32 am

John & Kate

i feel the sorrow--big empty spots that no drugs or liquor can fill--it happened on a magical day--venus transit

Louie is waiting

sending healings for your hearts
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:57 am

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:35 am

It really sucks that we have to outlive most of our critters. The only time any of my kids ever saw me openly weep was for our old yaller dog, not even does that usually happen for human relatives.
    3 new colts here and for the first time I had the thought some of them will probably outlive me.
    Condolences to you and Kate my friend.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm

lotsa changes taking place on this old rock these days--i am still human--sooo--no answers dagnabbiti can testify to feeling like i been thru several spin cycles in the ole maytag :arrow:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content