fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

how 2???

Admin
    Admin

how 2???

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 am

b4 i hurt myself or something---anyone got any tips or tricks for hanging the assembly by oneself in a van??

preferred sealants??--i am thinking permatex aircraft stuff---wondering about that copper filled stuff for head gaskets???

i figured to put 2 long bolts in the lower row to get it hanging there and then drop the gasket set in

vans are such a pita where the engine is concerned--think it will go on the auction block when fixed--

Admin
    Admin

Re: how 2???

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:12 pm

drift pins and ratchet rope tie down hooked in the windshield wiper cowl opening

gonna get some of that copper spray gasket stuff--permatex--should be good 2 go

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:40 pm

dry fit gaskets--no room for any pookey--fingers crossed

spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Ive noticed that 3-4 arms are the best in putting together the manifolds on the 6's.

I was able to put it together by putting the exhaust on and then loosly putting a couple bolts in there and then lowering the intake in there while holding the exhaust and slowly loosing those bolts I had put in fingerish tight.

Hope that helps.

willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 am

Replacing manifold or just gaskets? Those 300 exhaust are prone to warping, gasket might not hold for long.
    I use pernatex spray Hi-Tac for intakes, gas won't attack it. All I use it for is holding the gasket in place, shouldn't need pooky if the gasket is doing it's job. If I need something on exhausts, I use the Ultra copper sillycone.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:22 am

gaskets only--they(manifolds) were amazingly straight--rigged up a lift system using rope ratchet tiedowns--managed to get it in place without any damages to me or the parts--using a 2gc with riser adapter, so fabbing up an intake tube using one from the old 88 1 ton--i don't believe i have ever run into any gaskets that were baked so solidly on the head--took a buncha chemicals and some sharp chisels to get that junk offa there

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:52 am