fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

a good word

willowbilly3

a good word

Post by willowbilly3 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:55 pm

I just got a FB message from the manager at the buffalo ranch. All of our engineering and fine tuning really impressed the owner. Reworking the crowd gate system cut the turn around time in half. The owner wants me back out next summer to re-engineer a bunch more of the sorting pens and alleys.
    hardtailjohn

Re: a good word

Post by hardtailjohn on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Sweet! A good set of working pens, gates and alleys are SOOOOOOO nice to have! Did ya take any pics?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:08 pm

quality takes care of itself -- glad 4 u bub---yeah--wtf??? pics!!!!!!!

71ford100

Post by 71ford100 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:29 pm

I'll tell what sucks....working cows in a corral set up for buffalo. Those ten foot tall fences get tiring to climb over in a HURRY!
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:50 am

71ford100 wrote:I'll tell what sucks....working cows in a corral set up for buffalo. Those ten foot tall fences get tiring to climb over in a HURRY!

All of these pens are about 6 1/2 feet tall, 6 sucker rods, not hard to scale. The curved crowding alley is about 8 foot but it's made from a big conveyor belt so you would never get over it. But then you would never be on foot in there with them. They use big wings on a payloader to push them down the alley. There is a walkway along the outside and the gates have a rope so you can pull them shut.
    About the only thing they have in common with cattle is they eat hay and shit. Pretty wild critters. They had one tame bull and he was in the pen I was working on for a couple days. It's kind of un-nerving to be welding and feel hot buffalo breath on your neck.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:01 am

those are big old beasties--lookin' over a guy's shoulder like that would nervous me 2--a regular old cow will scare ya good when the hood is down and the concentration is on the blue ball affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:02 pm