fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Hauling Iron

willowbilly3

Hauling Iron

Post by willowbilly3 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:17 pm

It's about a 200 mile round trip but the iron is free. Way down in the river brakes, about 5 miles of cow trails. There's maybe 10 cars and tons of small crap. Plus the kicker is half a dozen old Farmalls. Like F20s or Regulars I suppose. I have to whack those in half, loader we have borrowed won't lift them whole. I can pull out with 4-5 ton. Try to make a trip a week if the weather permits.
    Hauled a really straight KB-5 and a farmall out yesterday, and a 40 chevy cab
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Hauling Iron

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:54 pm

good deal--i bet that is some pretty country--probably a good spot to make a camp cheers

How's the prices up there these days?? 200 a ton or thereabouts??

willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:54 pm

One fifty.
    Yeah, pretty country. Right before the road/trail drops down in the brakes, you can look down on the Cheyenne river and see 5-6 miles either way.
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:02 am

Regualars have open steering gears where an f20 is enclosed. If any of them are a "duckbill" where the steering gears are enclosed and the enclosing has an l shape those are worth something. Also ones with the narrow rear end are worth something. Pull all the carbs and mags. I am in need of a few F-20 parts (rust free hood, linkage from the steering wheel to the mag, and brake levers). Also if any have round spoke rims or steel wheels those are sought after. Are you gonna junk it all or sell some of it?
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:21 am

OK, open gears on the steering so far. There's 2 more on the hill part way down that I haven't stopped and looked at but they look more complete and the one has round spoke front wheels. Pretty sure none of them are narrow. Of the three down where the mass is, all pretty stripped out. We did salvage one carb. I don't think there is any hoods. No steel wheels but at least a couple have the steel center section with a rim welded on later. I think I know where there's a set of skeleton wheels. I can see what he wants for them.
    I had scanned ebay to see what was worth anything off them but otherwise, to the scrapper. Looks like you can buy a pretty darn nice running one for under a grand so I don't feel too bad about recycling these rusty hulks.
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm

What kinda cars are there?

willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Fords;
    64 wagon
    70 Country Squire
    Mid 70s Torino
    Early Econoline

2 69-70 Olds big cars
    Early 50s binder pickup
    Very few good parts left on any of them, maybe a few savable bits on the 51 and the tailgate on the 64. No engines or trannys except the binder is mostly whole but beat to shit.
    The 46 body is off the frame and I'll save the juice brakes and spindles off it. They'll sell. Probably keep the econoline front axle if it isn't trash from setting in the dirt. Also will probably save the 9 inch rear ends.
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 pm

willowbilly3 wrote: OK, open gears on the steering so far. There's 2 more on the hill part way down that I haven't stopped and looked at but they look more complete and the one has round spoke front wheels. Pretty sure none of them are narrow. Of the three down where the mass is, all pretty stripped out. We did salvage one carb. I don't think there is any hoods. No steel wheels but at least a couple have the steel center section with a rim welded on later. I think I know where there's a set of skeleton wheels. I can see what he wants for them.
    I had scanned ebay to see what was worth anything off them but otherwise, to the scrapper. Looks like you can buy a pretty darn nice running one for under a grand so I don't feel too bad about recycling these rusty hulks.

Not skeleton, just kinda narrow lug wheels. Maybe H not sure but he wants $300.
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:22 pm

what does that 46 body look like and are there any 5x5.5 ford pattern 16 wheels out there?

71ford100

Post by 71ford100 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:38 pm

I have a junk H that is on cutoffs. If I get home this weekend I'll snap a picture of the centers. I'd probably take em if they would fit a Allis WC a F-20 or a JD D (or a real nice set of round spokes for the D mine are trashed). Haven't ran across any equipment there have ya?
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Lance, just the remains of a JD pull type combine. The wheels are that that tractor junk yard here in town.

Spart, the 46 is beyond saving, not much good left on it. There was a mountain of old wheels when I first went in about 4 years ago but they are all gone. I have some of the old 16 inch 5 on 5 1/2, Pretty narrow and take the innie hubcaps. Probably 40s.
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Darn don't want that! Spart I think what you really need is a '66 4 door Corvair and I just happen to know of one you need.

Did you already haul the KB across the scales?
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:23 am

I dont need a corvair, but I do know a guy who restores em.

What Id really like to find is a 79-80 Monte Carlo or a 70-73 mustang

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:46 am