fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

License plates

willowbilly3

License plates

Post by willowbilly3 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Anyone else collect? I'm trying to get every year of South Dakota. All I am missing is 1913 and 1916. They used leather from 1905 to 1912 but once you bought a number it was good until 1913 when they began every year registrations. The only difference in the leather years was the number sequence.
    This is my leather example, 1906 according to the number. First issued to E.O. Moorr for a 16 horsepower Moline with horn and lights.

Admin
    Admin

Re: License plates

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:31 pm

been collectin' dust--cain't seem to find a buyer

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 pm

those old leather plates are cool--some are kinda pricy too--your's looks to be in fine condition

hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Never seen one of the leather ones in person....but I just have to shake my head at all the early "teens" plates (with a stack of year tabs) that we buried or burned (they were on old stock racks and flatbeds, etc.) over at the old ranch. Of course back then, they'd have really looked at you funny if you said you collected them..... sorta like all the little "totem poles" that the Salish traded for food or milk when they used to travel through.... the guys in the bunk house used alot of them for kindling... there were gunny sacks full in the shop.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:00 pm