fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

2 posters

electric fuel pumps

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

electric fuel pumps Empty electric fuel pumps

Post by Admin Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:06 pm

the universal in line pump on the 1 ton gave out--it was from 06 or there about, so that wasn't a surprise--the surprise is the current cost of the bottom of the line--one i would not have even considered 5 yrs ago, priced then at about 15.00 bux (mr gasket electronic micro pump)--now is 45 and up--nothing in town for less than 50 out the door

they are still reasonable on line--but that don't fire the rig today

think i'll send the lot across the scales and buy an electric bicycle

what that old man said about not owning something that can be rented is looking better all the time electric fuel pumps 301330 

there is so much stuff in the fuels today that if you aren't running them pretty regular ( like everyday ), the fuel eats everything

that's my bitch for today

keep on keepin' on :great: 
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

electric fuel pumps Empty Re: electric fuel pumps

Post by spartman Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 am

Is that one for fuel injection or as a replacement for a fuel pump?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:31 am

spart--that would be a mechanical fuel pump replacement--  4 to 7 psi -- suitable for carbed engine---ultimately i intend(ed) to put a mechanical pump on this engine--- currently operating on the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mode and it's not a road vehicle(it's a "sometimes" rolling toolbox and engine hoist platform) it gets the "cheapest and quickest" fix (farm learning never dies-mine was instilled by a "bohunk"--one of the most intelligent human beings i have had the opportunity to learn from--too bad i have a thick skull and a 30 yr seep factor electric fuel pumps 301330  )

on the bright side i learned that most of the "good" electric pumps, which can be ebayed for a fair price, are mfged by holley--look for procomp--pump and regulator packaged--65 dollars and up--summit brand, speedway motors brand, etc--gaskets and parts are available--many different psi ratings and fuel types available

spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:48 am

Ahhh I see.
    ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am