fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

big truck windshield question

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

big truck windshield question Empty big truck windshield question

Post by Admin Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:17 pm

i have had this "idea"--read "oh no" lol---which of the flat glass windshield frames designed for a big truck, that have a 2 pane or center post, would come the closest to fitting, after a height chop, would be the same width as a travelall? for rough measurement purposes, a 72 f100 is close.

the available street rod, jeep and all else i have found would require getting 2 frames to make the length--chop and stretch

yes--it's a daydream--lol---seems to be my favorite place these days big truck windshield question 301330 
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

big truck windshield question Empty Re: big truck windshield question

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:43 am

My KW's don't really have a "frame"....just an opening that the glass sits in and then the rubber channel has a lock strip that goes in the middle to expand it and hold everything in place. Pretty simple, and they hold up very well...I've seen them in some real binds and the windshields don't pop out. The opening is just basically a hole in the cab wall, which is made of fiberglas. The molding is fairly common stuff, also used on heavy equipment.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:33 pm

i guess angle iron an plexiglas--eh???? big truck windshield question 301330 as it stands now, i am gonna hold them till that 1 guy that really needs some parts happens along----i will never put them on the road again-- i am pretty much thru driving anything cept for the riding mower Very Happy 
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:20 am

You and George Jones, eh. Or maybe that old dude they made a movie about who drove his lawnmower across 2-3 states to see his brother.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:21 pm

kinda sorta--lol--there aren't any safe roads in these parts--walking, biking or anything smaller than a tank and u r grille fodder

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am