fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

New(ish) smart phone

willowbilly3

New(ish) smart phone

Post by willowbilly3 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:59 pm

My first...been using the elcheapo net10. So on my daughter's advice I get a used droidX and got Radio Shack to activate it and get my old number on it. I haven't tried real hard to get accounts set up but it seems it might be missing a thing, card of some sort. S&M card? Seems about right for an old fart to need sadomasochism to run a phone.
    Admin
    Admin

Re: New(ish) smart phone

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:33 pm

sim card---radio shack should have sold you one--droid is good phone  :great: 

the att and t-mobile use sim cards--it stores your info so it can be used with another phone and keep all contacts on it---but, they may have put your old sim card in it for you and it may need an upgrade--smart phones are mini computers, more or less

have a a motorola bravo and a newer samsung exhilerate, both good units--currently back on the old motorola razr--the others require a data package that cost about 60 a month--back on the 19.95 plan--suits me  Very Happy 

CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:16 am

Becky updated me before Christmas. My last 2 phones have been the Motorola Razr. Good reception and reliable. Unlimited talk with T-Mobile. Now I have the I Phone 5s with everything in the Outer case. Hope I live long enough to learn how to use it. lol
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:44 pm

I haven't even figgered out this phone and now I won an Asus notebook.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:15 pm

CJ--ring me up when you get a chance

JB--cool beans on the asus!! was it a sim card or an sd card you need(ed)??

i am retrograde on the phones--paying for those data packages and having a gps telltale doesn't do anything for me-picked up a used tundra for 31.00 on the ebay--waiting for the mail--it's bulky and easy to hold, plus rugged duty

the new phones sure have good cameras and if you are out and about the gps and other apps are great--some of the bikers (pedal type and motored) use them for a speedometer--Julie has had real good service from her iphone--it's a 4--takes excellent pics--thing i don't like is having to take your glove off to swipe the screen--always sumthin   

glad ya all are well

be safe

willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:46 pm

SD card, got one
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:48 am

got the 30 dollar tundra yesterday---great phone---now to transfer all that stuff--sheesh   

spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:25 pm

Had a LG Env3 phone that was good at texting and listening to music if you didnt want headphones.

Upgraded/downgraded to a new Black Berry Z10.

Like this phone, it does what I tell it to, if I close an app, its closed.

Not half assed open like they are on the droid phones and tablets.

Fucking hate that "feature"

willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:01 pm

I'm liking this thing less and less. I'm thinking of going back to a basic flip phone. I hate all that smearing around on the screen for prompts. The phone book is almost impossible to navigate. One little smear and it zings clear to the end and if you try to do it slow, it opens whomever you touched, even dials them sometimes. I tried to set up a google account this morning, spent 20 minutes and finally quit out of frustration. And I still can't type worth a shit without numerous mistakes and backing up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 pm