fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

RED ALERT---virus

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

RED ALERT---virus Empty RED ALERT---virus

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:33 pm

just got the word on my laptop--destroyed by a new virus called botnet--eats the bios

computer guy says none of the free anti's will catch it

he recommends norton internet security 09 or 2010

social networking sites are rife with it--my space--facebook etc

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/15309/cio/dangerous-new-botnet-is-attacking-75-000-systems

i deactivated my facebook acct---all the games are gone--buncha places i had been visiting will no longer see me

additionally, i am gonna shut down the old site---will do that tomorrow--so if there's something there to save--save it

worm and virus writers should be waterboarded and then drowned for real--after careful removal of all nails,followed by smaller appendages--1 by 1 RED ALERT---virus Icon_twisted

spartman
    Admin

RED ALERT---virus Empty Re: RED ALERT---virus

Post by spartman on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Norton wont help any more than any of the others.

In fact Norton is one of the last to update their virus database.

Its to new so nothing is gonna catch it yet.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm

i have pretty much narrowed it down,as to where i got the bug--i scanned my external hard drive with norton and found a corrupted file--it was a game i downloaded as a torrent--avast and malwarebytes had failed to recognize it--so it either came from there, or a photo album i clicked the other day--got a warning that it was making the hard drive operate slow and could cause damage, or it piggybacked in on a windows update(i had experienced issues after one of their automatic d-loads-twice--each time i had to do a system restore to fix the issues), the last place would've been from facebook--the computer guy and others(found reading up on the bug) say that the social networking sites are full of the stuff--i had noticed some funny business the past couple of weeks when i would sign in to FB

anyway--i have changed all my passwords--this time a separate one for each place that requires one(which is a major pita)

also the geek tells me that apple, mac and linux based op's are no longer a safe as they have been in the past--case in point--the iphone attacks--when i had ubuntu on my computer(dual boot is not so good on a dell) they were issuing anti-virus/malware updates

the major players in the security field say they have a handle on it

i did get a adobe flash player update this morning, which was considered an entry point for bugs

surf safe

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:21 am