fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

carz

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

carz Empty carz

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:38 am

Got another Aerostar. I liked the 93 I had so well, I decided to get another one. I was going to throw $1000 at my old one, get a new ac compressor, clockspring and windshield. Then I found a nice clean 97 with 35,000 fewer miles (125,000) and decided to just buy it. Paid $1900 for the new one and have the old one sold for 1200 as soon as I get it cleaned out and ready. I love those old vans, espeically in winter. Both are all wheel drive of course and the 4.0 Ford engine is one of the best, always good for 250,000 or more with regular maintenance.

Also got my Toronado down off the blocks yesterday, finally got the freeze plugs and fuel pump in. By then the wind was kicking up so hard it was blowing my hammers away so I went to the house and never test fired it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

carz Empty Re: carz

Post by Admin Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:13 pm

dude--blowin' your hammers off---c'mon carz 301330

when did u discover the freeze plug issues???

i think u are on to the sleeper mobile of the late 90's--other than being a pain to service those vans are great--low profile everyday automobile--good cargo space--mobile bedroom should the need or occasion arise--soccer mama grocery gitter cheers
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:03 am

I bought the Toro knowing it had a leaking freeze plug. I seem to have gotten the starter wires crossed. I hate thos frikken GM starters.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Are those aerostar's front or rear wheel drive?

I seem to think they were rear, but the old brain (or whats left of it) cant be trusted all the time.

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 am

spartman wrote:Are those aerostar's front or rear wheel drive?

I seem to think they were rear, but the old brain (or whats left of it) cant be trusted all the time.

Original Aerostars were rear wheel drive, basically the Ranger drivetrain. Both of mine are all wheel drive. It's all automatic, as soon as a wheel slips it kicks in. They are awesome on slick streets and roads. That's partly why I like 'em so much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 am