fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

2 posters

lawnmower revival

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

lawnmower revival Empty lawnmower revival

Post by Admin Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:47 pm

been bringing a rider back from the dead

mtd hydrostatic drive with bs 18 hp v twin

always was a hard cranker--learned that big cables are the answer and close the gap on the plugs from 030 to 015 due to it being a single coil--makes the coil last longer they say

had put a new bearing in the back main pulley stack just b4 it went dead 2 yrs ago---looks like i may have to drop the stinkin deck again to get it freed up

after some fresh wires here and there and some atf in the holes and a major additive cocktail in the gas it is purring real nice

other than that, i am so far behind i have given up worrying about it--got stuff that needs sent north--ain't forgot that--but for a guy with no job--the day seems to start at 4:30 with the dogs and cats and ends when the light gives out or the rain sets in---windy as all get out 2day--had to re-knot the wind string on my favorite old felt--parachute cord works great lawnmower revival 301330
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

lawnmower revival Empty Re: lawnmower revival

Post by spartman Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am

I hear ya there man.

I need to get my mower either fixed up or get a different one.

The deck needs to be welded in a couple of spots, but I dont have a pickup to haul it to the welder.

I think she might need that new motor JB sent me, but I gotta find a carb that fits it. The ones I have are to big.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:36 am