fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

rain and then some

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

rain and then some Empty rain and then some

Post by Admin Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:22 am

man--it has set in and rained---the thunder has rolled for the last 12 hrs--steady rain--3 to 4 inches so far---the wind ahead of the front was something else--i was walking across the yard yesterday and a gust caught me and nearly knocked me off my feet--i had the rider hooked up to the chainfall hooked on the pecan tree--sharpening blades and cleaning/inspecting the deck and bearings--the wind was rolling the tractor back and forth--moved it a whole foot one time

thankfully no wind damage here, although it had a good hold on the old shingles---i had to ask a special blessing on them
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

rain and then some Empty Re: rain and then some

Post by hardtailjohn Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Just snow and wind here... not too cold but pretty miserable.
    Was what you were getting some of that huge storm from Texas?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:31 am

yep--yesterday i got everything all spread out and the rain came back--looked at the radar and it looked like a giant land based hurricane over the midwest

it's still circling around--rain again rite now--we need it so no bitchin, but it has been a bit of a work stopper
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:04 am

Snowed all day yesterday...most of the night too... we've got about a foot of really wet, heavy snow now. Power went out at 5:30am and back on about 7:30am.. I bet those linemen are about swamped as the trees are sooo heavy with this wet crap!!!! Don't envy those guys one bit! Sun's shining now and I better get feeding and then go plow.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:31 am

We could sure use some of that here. We had no snow this winter and it's dry.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:59 am

i read an article regarding the current drought-even all this much needed rain isn't fixing much but the fire danger--lost crops and sold or starved cattle is going to make an economic impact on the world

i hope ya get some jb

looks like it may be dry enuff 2 finish the trailer wiring 2day---not much left -- final connections and such

be safe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am