fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Self pity

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Self pity Empty Self pity

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Some stuff going on (not me, other people) reminded me of an incident many years ago that made me take stock.
    I was bottomed out, won't go into details there. Totally broke and had drove to town to hock some tools and the pawn shop didn't want them. I was driving home, felling real low. I see this thing along the edge of the road a ways up. It's winter in Alaska so there are snow berms. Kinda looks like some sort of critter but bears wouldn't be out. As I get closer I realize it's a man. A man with no legs, just a torso and he's walking on his hands dragging his ass through the snow. I was so dumbfounded I didn't even think to stop and give him a ride, not sure why. But it sure ruined my pity party, suddenly my situation didn't seem so bad. That's all.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Self pity Empty Re: Self pity

Post by Admin Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:23 pm

there will always be others in worse situations--each journey is unique--so many different ideas about what is real and what all this is about--so many cliches that are really truths--i guess if a human wants or needs to experience a moment or 2 of the why me's, it's that human's choice--all the uplifting comments don't mean doodlie at the time--just another page of another chapter in another book out of a giant library
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:33 pm

http://www.heavenletters.org/something-s-gotta-give.html

Something’s Gotta Give
    Heavenletter #4397 Published on: December 8, 2012
    God said:

No matter what life on Earth hands you, you are responsible for it. You are responsible for your life. No one else is. Only you. No longer can you blame your disturbances on someone else, no one, nothing. You are responsible for the conduct of your life. No longer can you cry: “No fair.”

At the same time, of course, it’s clear that everyone is responsible to everyone. Certainly, others – the seeming others – contribute. Everything contributes. Events, personalities, your upbringing, the land you live in, the world at large. No doubt about it, other factors play a part to the state of your affairs and, still, it comes back to you, and how you deal with what you have before you. This is the question: What do you do now? What do you make of the fix you see yourself in? How do you deal the cards, beloveds? How do you deal the cards from now on? Where are you going? And what do you take with you?

No one expects you to be a saint, yet it is incumbent upon you to take responsibility for every thought, word, and deed of yours. It’s vital that you not blame others. Don’t blame yourself either. Responsibility is the issue, not blame. You are responsible for where you go from here. You are responsible. Even in extreme circumstances, you are responsible for your good will. You are responsible for taking leaps forward. There is something you can do. It is not good enough to repeat old holding patterns and throw up your hands as if you are helpless.

Do not let what I’m saying make you tense. Let what I say make you relax. Whatever you may be going through, it is not out of your hands. How you feel, how you respond, the action or inaction you take, the attitude you take, you are responsible for them. It is a good thing that you are responsible because, now, you can change your tune. Now you take the responsibility that is yours and lift yourself a notch.

Forego complaint. Complaint is no longer a choice you have. Of course, it is a choice, but it is a poor choice. Complaining may be one of your holding patterns, and it must go.

When you come to a crossroads, you have to cross it. You can’t just stand there. You are not helpless. Did you think you were?

Whatever you are going through, you will weather it. You always have. There are frequent turns in the road. If you got yourself into a spot, no matter how, you got in it, and now it’s up to you to get out. If you were pushed into a pit, climb out! This is all about taking responsibility. Whatever someone else does or did is beside the point. What are you going to do now? Sit and stew? Or get up and change your circumstances?

If you are walking down a sidewalk, and you trip, you are responsible. It doesn’t matter if there is a hole in the sidewalk. It doesn’t matter if the hole should not have been there. It doesn’t matter if there was a bump and you tripped over it. It doesn’t matter if someone pushed you. It doesn’t matter. What you do from here matters. What you make of your tripping matters. All the in’s and out’s are beside the point.

I am suggesting that you get to the chase. Let go of all the explanations. Accept responsibility. It takes courage. You are responsible for your courage.

No more complaining. No more blaming. No more pointing a finger at another. This is your life, not someone else’s.

Certainly, you are not going to try to prove otherwise. Something’s gotta give, and it’s you.

amazing how quick the answers appear
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:22 pm

I was having a holiday moment the other day about life, stuff and things. Then I realized I had everything I "Need" and got my brain back on the right path. I don't have everything I "want" but I never will and don't owe a dime to anyone so Life is good. Everyone have a Merry Christmas and God be with each and everyone of you.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:15 pm

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Here's the version with video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LswctroKuKE

Sponsored content