fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

My weekend

spartman
    spartman
    Admin

My weekend Empty My weekend

Post by spartman Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Well for some reason I got a bee in my bonnet and got a bunch of stuff done.

First one was to hook up the muffler to my 67 bump. Sounds quieter except for the egr port on the rear efi exhaust manifold. Gonna have to get a plug to fit that big bastard.

Think I might need to get a different muffler on it though, cause when I started the old girl a shitload of mouse houses flew out the pipe. The truck seems to be a bit hesitant just off throttle as well.

Second thing I got done was to start tearing apart my WD45 Allis to swap tranny/rear ends.

Got it stripped down to the final 4 bolts holding it to the frame side rails. Gonna have to finish it next weekend.

Couldnt get the right side tire to come loose so I finally wound up unbolting the hub, running a chain around the bottom of the tire, and using the WD to pull the friggen tire off. Damn neighbors had to come out to see that. LOL

So here are some pics and vids of what I did, enjoy!!!!!

https://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/spartman/April%2017%202010/
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

My weekend Empty Re: My weekend

Post by Admin Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:35 pm

sounds pretty good from here
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:22 pm

What intake are you using on the 300? Any carb heat?
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:29 am

Using an Offy C intake with a 2100 Autolite carb with the 1.02 venturies.

No heat as of yet. Thinking of either going with a heater hose running down the length of the intake or may try to make the egr pipe output run under the intake.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm running an Offy C too. I still have the 390 Holley on it and the old Ford coolant spacer. I'd like to experiemnt with some different 2 bbl carbs, maybe a 2100 1.13 or a Rochester from a 283. A lot of the guys on Fordsix build a cooland plate to bolt to the bottom of the intake where the original exhaust manifold would bolt on
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Not sure if I can bolt one one mine or not. The fellow I bought it from had started to modify that area so he could use it on his race car.

I know he ground out the two bolt holes that would hold the two intakes together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:32 pm