fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

5 posters

allergic reaction

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

allergic reaction Empty allergic reaction

Post by Admin Thu May 20, 2010 10:20 am

i think i came as close to dying as possible

had a reaction to something--started itching---throat constricted--lips and face got numb and swollen--found some benedryl--called the ol lady to bring some more--sat down in the chair--turned beet red all over with what felt like a million little cactus barbs on my skin--passed out--not sure for how long

got some more medicine in me and waited--got another wave of it so we went to the clinic--got some scrips to fill and one of the bee sting kits to stab myself with

i gotta say--i don't want anymore of that crap--it was a little scary
    71ford100
    71ford100

allergic reaction Empty Re: allergic reaction

Post by 71ford100 Thu May 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Any ideas what set you off? Maybe it was a spider or something
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu May 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Holy crap dude! What happened/
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri May 21, 2010 7:37 am

no idea what set it off--there are a good many trees,plants etc in bloom and then with pollen blowing in on the storm fronts --not to mention poisonous gases being released into the atmosphere from the blowout in the gulf---i had been working outside--pulled the carb off the van ,cleaned it and re-installed it, hooked the van to the welder trailer so i could move it over closer to the other bed to whittle the fenders and running boards off--i just about was thru and felt a little warm & thirsty--went in and got a glass of water--sat down in front of the fan--drank all the water and was going to get it filled up when i started itching under my arm pits--took the shirt off --then the shit started spreading in a hurry--i could feel my lips turning numb--started looking for the benedryl--got 2 in me and felt like i better sit down--i did and soon after the lights went out for awhile--the doctor says the culprit may remain a mystery--he had the same thing put him in the hospital for a week and they never did figure it out

i may have disturbed some mold when i was moving my vise and stands from in front of the welder trailer

i feel some better today--yesterday wasn't so good--my entire body was sore and had some shooting pains in my head

i honestly think i died and came back--it was quite weird--when i came to everything was this real bright opaque white--my mind was working but the body wasn't really responding

i guess my time here isn't finished--got more stuff to do allergic reaction Icon_cheers
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sat May 22, 2010 6:37 pm

JD the itchy shit sounds like hives. I get those exact same symptoms from most seafood. With me it starts as a tingling in the roof of my yap. My quick cure is water. Phucking gallons of it then a ride to the ER. Mine is so bad if I order food in a bar I have to ask if fish is fried seperate from other stuff. If it's cooked in the same oil I can't eat cause the oil will transfer whatever triggers it to whatever else they cook. Yes it is phuckin scarey.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat May 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Clay, I had a girlfriend like that, if she even ate something that was cooked in the same fryer as shellfish she would puff up like a poisened dog and die if she didn't get to ER right away.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sat May 22, 2010 8:26 pm

JB back when I was just out of high school I went to a richy kid party with a buddy. It wasn't our crowd but he was railing the chick that hosted it. After a couple beers somebody came around with some mini sandwiches. I was hungry and not thinking I ate one in 2 bites. Major phuck up. They had fish in them. My buddy knew about the allergy and when started to break out in hives he physically threw me into the back seat of his Roadrunner. It was about 8 miles thru Saturday night traffic on a very busy 4 lane with a couple dozen traffic lights. Speedo had to have been near the dollar bill mark quite a few times. On the sidewalks, on the dividers, 3rd laners all of it. I was face up on the floor and can remember the flashing lights from the cop cars reflecting on the headliner. I really don't remember the sirens but there must have been many. All I could hear was the howl of a hot 440 thru Cherries. He never let out of it until he hit the hopital lot. Cops wanted to shoot him until they realized I was turning blue. I got a decent doctor who also had fish allergies and my buddy got his ass reamed but no tickets. He had enough sense not to say or do anything stupid even after he learned he'd out driven 7 cops from 3 different municipalities.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun May 23, 2010 7:52 am

AC--it was hives for sure--sounds like you have a really severe case--when i went out to the van, the windshield was green with pollen, so i am guessing something airbourne

there have been some shrubs blooming that i don't recall having been in bloom before---very fragrant---white blooms--i spent about an hr in the yard and i could taste the stuff in my mouth

need a good rain to cleanse the air--none in the forecast
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sun May 23, 2010 8:37 am

wish i could send you some rain JD. it's about all we get lately
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun May 23, 2010 4:08 pm

I been allergic to pork for years. Not as bad as what you guys get, but if I get a bite of something that has pork in it, or even a burger cooked next to a bacon burger.... it feels like someone sticks a knife in my arm joints. Hurts like hell for a few weeks. The herbalist that diagnosed me said it's not uncommon, but not everyone figures it out. It's a PIA for the most part....'specially since I love the stuff.
    Glad to hear ya got through it all ok JD...be careful!
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon May 24, 2010 8:17 am

JH---i can't imagine what that allergy would be like-- or any food allergy

i know my childhood summers were mortal hell, what with a nose running down my face all the time, dual hankies & mega doses of whatever the current over-the-counter had to offer--but, thank God, i could eat

one of my grandmothers had really bad food allergies---spent a lot of time and money at the dr's and i don't think they ever got it figured out --for sure--

careful for certain---i am becoming extremely bored looking out the window---went out for a while yesterday morning---started tasting the stuff and went back in-----------------c'mon rain

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content