fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

5 posters

On our way.......again

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

On our way.......again Empty On our way.......again

Post by hardtailjohn Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Off we go to NE..... just finishing up the driveline and starter on the dually, then a short road test, a couple hours of sleep, and off we go. Time is not on our side this time, so it's straight through there and back if we can. Sounds like we'll drop down to Cheyenne and cut over, so wont get to see ya this trip JB... but look out, we'll be back that way again.......
    See ya all in a few days....
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

On our way.......again Empty Re: On our way.......again

Post by Admin Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:03 pm

safe & happy motoring On our way.......again Icon_cheers
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:01 pm

SUUUURE go to Cheyenne and cut out Laramie and Burns!
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Travel safe mi amigo.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Drive careful
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Well shit.........Douglas WY.... left front wheel bearing. They're unit bearings on the Dodge....... $$$.... but at least they did have ONE in town and it belongs to me now.....and we're sitting in an air conditioned waiting room, and not with a load of horses to be worrying about. Other than that, the 6 speed is awesome!! What a difference it makes! Ran 75mph+ most the way and still getting about 16+mpg. Not bad, since that puts the Cummins about 2200 and that's a bit faster than it like to turn for any length of time in order to get best mpg....but of course, we're in a hurry...gotta get back and put up hay.....
    Ohyeah...now they say it's gonna really rain here this afternoon.... flash flood warnings and all..... Sure makes home look better all the time!!
    hehehe
    JH
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:34 pm

I hope it rains today I'm down with a sore throat and BAD chest pains and really don't want farm tomorrow ! If you see a red mustang on I 80 a bit later you better wave!
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:18 pm

We had about 3/4" at sunup this morning. Man it's muggy out there now.
    HT, I've changed a few of those Dodge front wheel bearings. Sometimes they can be a bitch to get out, basically drive wedges in behind the rotor. Lots of anti-seize on the way back in.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 pm

breakdowns suk---------no rains here

lance--git outta bed and on that tractor--ya puss On our way.......again 366584
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:02 am

If it was my truck and at home, I would replace both sides AND do the u-joints while I was in there. It's all stuff that wears out.
    Gotta love that 6 speed, I drove the last 12 valve (98 IIRC) with a 6 speed, to Texas and back. It had a torque plate too and that truck rocked.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:51 pm

Took them FOREVER to get us gone...they ordered the wrong bearing, forgot to tell the mechanic it was finally there....etc..... but the bill was very fair, so we were on our way. Lance, I thought about ya when we went past the exit for Burns...... we'll be back by there in the middle of the night tonight. It's hotter'n hell here and sooooo humid!! We're gonna try to leave before midnight....a bit cooler for the horses.
    If I was home, I'd be for changing the whole front hub assy with that from a '92-93 F350. That way I'd have real bearings that you can get parts for, and double piston brakes as well as a lockout hub..... much better setup in my opinion. Ohwell...down the road.........
    Gotta try to get some shuteye.... gonna be driving all night......
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:41 pm

eastbound & down--loading up an truckin'

we gonna try to do what ain't been done

c'mon bandit On our way.......again Icon_cheers
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:02 am

A couple years ago I broke down in Harding Montana. My (then) gf and I were pulling in to eat and as we rolled off the highway there was a hella noise under the hood of my Lincoln. Got to the Purple Cow and popped the hood. The idler had froze and smoked the belt. It's a little after 5 on Sat. evening.I figure we are there until a parts store opens. We go in, order chow and I thought I'd see if there was a parts store. Call the local NAPA and they are still open. They have the parts. I asked the guy if he could drop them off when he got off, sure. The parts showed up at our table before our food did. I love Montana.
    HT, I never really liked that Dodge bearing but those things do last pretty good, even the cowboyed out ranch pickups that never unhook from the gooseneck, get 150K on them usually.
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:58 am

I ended up at the doctor with a diagnosis of strep throat and ear infection and 103 fever.....after several doses of 875mg Amoxicillan I can actually swallow without my knees buckling! Gonna try to cut some wheat today in my non AC MF 410 and it is rarly humid like this it sucks!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:35 am

dang Lance--sounds like some nasty stuff--you need to let those meds work and stay outta that dust On our way.......again Sleep
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:12 am

We drove to Lincoln that night....got there about 1am...grabbed a room and got up at about 8. It was already 97 with 97% humidity...... HOLY SHIT!! I don't do humid!! Anyway, visited with Sierra and Jim, wound up going to Hu-Hot for lunch (good) got a 15 minute nap, and hung around the house, hooked up and went for prime rib dinner (good) at some little hole in the wall bar near them, then went to bed. Got up at 2am, loaded all the plunder and horses and left by 3:30am...it was already 85 and about 95%........and FOGGY. Fought that shit all the way to daylight, then it was just hot and humid...... (no A/C in the dually at this time) Made it to Kaycee WY, and figured I had to take a nap so pulled into the rest stop, found some shade for the girls, and me and Kate, and we stretched out on the grass.... that didn't last long..... damed flies were eating us alive.......so hammered to Billings MT and got the girls in a horse hotel and got one of the 3 remaining rooms in town........(hill climbs this weekend, so it was PACKED everywhere!!) Got up this morning and blasted on home...getting here and all unloaded by 10pm or so....... it feels sooooooo GOOD to be home!! Right now it's 54, and you can bet it's nowhere near 97% humidity!! All the girls are in the pen and acting like they've been here all their life, so we're goin' to sleep!!!!! Pics later.......
    JH
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:47 am

hardtailjohn wrote:We drove to Lincoln that night....got there about 1am...grabbed a room and got up at about 8. It was already 97 with 97% humidity...... HOLY SHIT!! I don't do humid!! Anyway, visited with Sierra and Jim, wound up going to Hu-Hot for lunch (good) got a 15 minute nap, and hung around the house, hooked up and went for prime rib dinner (good) at some little hole in the wall bar near them, then went to bed. Got up at 2am, loaded all the plunder and horses and left by 3:30am...it was already 85 and about 95%........and FOGGY. Fought that shit all the way to daylight, then it was just hot and humid...... (no A/C in the dually at this time) Made it to Kaycee WY, and figured I had to take a nap so pulled into the rest stop, found some shade for the girls, and me and Kate, and we stretched out on the grass.... that didn't last long..... damed flies were eating us alive.......so hammered to Billings MT and got the girls in a horse hotel and got one of the 3 remaining rooms in town........(hill climbs this weekend, so it was PACKED everywhere!!) Got up this morning and blasted on home...getting here and all unloaded by 10pm or so....... it feels sooooooo GOOD to be home!! Right now it's 54, and you can bet it's nowhere near 97% humidity!! All the girls are in the pen and acting like they've been here all their life, so we're goin' to sleep!!!!! Pics later.......
    JH
    Sounds like one of those trips that makes your bed at home feel sooooo good. Glad you made it OK.
    Humidity here has been high. Showers then high 90s.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:45 am