fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

2 posters

Tis the season

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Tis the season Empty Tis the season

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Getting the winters food put up. I got about 4 quarts of string beans frozen and started picking berrys today. I picked about 5 gallons of chokcherrys. I've got 3 gallons on the stove to make jelly/syrup and the rest will start a batch of wine with tomorrow. "Maters are a little slow, no ripe ones yet. Beets ready to be canned anytime but it doesn't hurt them any to wait. The first corn is coming in, not mine though as I buy that. I will probably freeze up some.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Tis the season Empty Re: Tis the season

Post by Admin Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:39 pm

that's great, mon

we have been watering every nite just to keep things from burning up
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:58 pm

We've been getting some rain. 2+ inches Tuesday, another good shower wed evening and another today. I haven't watered all week.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:11 pm

I got a batch of chokecherry jelly canned and another batch of berrys on cooking. Good stuff. If you've never had it, I'd probably send you a jar. Around here it's like having cigarettes in prison, you can get anything you want.lol Oh, wait you can't have cigs in prison anymore.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:44 pm

i'd be lying ifn i said i hadn't ever had any--i'd be doing the same if i said i didn't want some more

that rain will keep all them biker types smellin fresh over in the hills eh???? Tis the season Icon_biggrin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:47 pm

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Bike Rally is a big one this year. Everything is full up. Dam KOA in Spearfish is charging $60 a night for a tent. Pisses me off that they have to gouge, lots of the local eaterys have a "special" menu with hiked prices.
    JD, you know I'd send you some Jelly. I have to get you a care package up, haven't been out to the ranch all summer but it's on my radar for sure.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:59 pm

on the rally--i was reading some trash/garbage stats---20,000 lbs of aluminum cans per day Tis the season Affraid --they say 33 cans to a lb--they had some numbers on other stuff i don't recall--they were est. upwards 0f 650,000 in the sturgis area alone

jelly & stuff--whenever it slows down for ya will be dandy Tis the season Icon_cheers
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Admin wrote:on the rally--i was reading some trash/garbage stats---20,000 lbs of aluminum cans per day Tis the season Affraid --they say 33 cans to a lb--they had some numbers on other stuff i don't recall--they were est. upwards 0f 650,000 in the sturgis area alone

jelly & stuff--whenever it slows down for ya will be dandy Tis the season Icon_cheers
    The Buffalo Chip campground, google that JD. It's the third largest city in SD for 2 weeks. This year, Bob Dillon, ZZ, and several others. They have no recycling program, all that aluminum goes in the trash. Several semi loads of Bud a day. A gold mine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:59 pm