fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

+2
willowbilly3
Admin
6 posters

heavy wet snow

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

heavy wet snow Empty heavy wet snow

Post by Admin Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:49 pm

been at it for about 2 hrs--stacked up good on the branches and powerlines--between 3.5 and 4 inches so far--i have seen snow like this before in OK--in the 60's--up northeast of Tulsa--which could be another state from here distance and terrain wise--i took some cell phone pics--can't find the other camera--guess if it was up my butt, i'd know it's location heavy wet snow Affraid i'll blame it on Julie--she ain't here heavy wet snow Icon_twisted

gonna look for the phone download tools heavy wet snow Icon_cyclops
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

heavy wet snow Empty Re: heavy wet snow

Post by Admin Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:55 pm

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:10 pm

I just talked to Sarah in East texas. She called to tell me it was snowing.
    Beautiful sunny day here, mid 30s. Shirt sleeve weather.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Hope Sarah is doing ok

i suppose we have 6.5/7 inches on the ground

wet as rain--slushy too--really pulled the old van --- easy does it
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Snow here, up to my knees now in the yard.

Been cooped up almost all week from a head cold, that might be trying to head south into my lungs.

Best of all on Tuesday the one roof that was supposed to be fixed and never leak again sprung a small leak cause of the ice dams on the edge.

Talk about fun, climbing up a ladder in 11 degree weather trying to get snow off and get some ice melt pucks on the dams.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:49 am

spart--that sucks

finally quit here--snowed for nearly 24 hrs--this has set records all over tx & ok--bout 30 F rite now
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 am

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:53 am

It's sure great to live in the bananna belt!! High 30's here...some sprinkling of snow, but mostly melts. Waaaaay too nice for this time of year!! Makes me nervous about what's gonna happen next summer......
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:09 pm

yep--i am wondering what this coming summer will be like
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:42 am

Snow has been crazy here. Ya can't buy a snow shovel to save yer arse. Lots of lawn care outfits using skid steers and dumps to truck the chit. Kinda nice for them. Plow truck guys are coining cash. I got home from my regular gig about 12:30 am Saturday. The phone woke me at 5 am and by 5:45 I wrestling the Autocar on my way to retrieve a stuck fuel oil tanker. Had another winch out and towed another loaded tanker along with rebuilding a trans. Got home about 8:30 last night. Got to go finish the trans tonight.
    wt4speed
    wt4speed

Post by wt4speed Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:05 pm

AlleyCat wrote:Snow has been crazy here. Ya can't buy a snow shovel to save yer arse. Lots of lawn care outfits using skid steers and dumps to truck the chit. Kinda nice for them. Plow truck guys are coining cash. I got home from my regular gig about 12:30 am Saturday. The phone woke me at 5 am and by 5:45 I wrestling the Autocar on my way to retrieve a stuck fuel oil tanker. Had another winch out and towed another loaded tanker along with rebuilding a trans. Got home about 8:30 last night. Got to go finish the trans tonight.

We got a record foot or there abouts. Left Fort Worth with about 3" on my truck fought the south Texas rain all day Thursday. Got to support one of Uvalde Tx big tow rigs myself I did. Rancher say's Chevy 7500 and 35 foot gooseneck , hell you'll be alright just stay on the left of the easement . Made it about 3/4's of a mile up the cow trail , stuck like chuck.
    Now Clay, here's where you come in, say you get the tow and it requires your big truck to yank me out. I'm approx. 30 miles west of town and 3/4 a mile up the cow trail, of which you have to back down and drag me all the way out(no place to turn around) what's the going rate in your neck.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Tony, hook up and go rates average $100 to $125 per hour. Lots of variables though. Fleets get a better rate based on volume. Most are in the $80 per hour range for a tractor swap. Recovery is generally more expensive since it's more labor intensive. Slogging thru hip deep snow with a 30' long 5/8" chain over your shoulder while pulling 3/4" cable isn't easy. There are lots of good tow outfits out there but there are some real phuckin rip off artists too. Common ripoffs like having unneeded drivers bring unneeded rigs to a recovery scene then charging for both or cell phone pics billed as professional photos are total bullchit but these schmucks get away with it. Other sneaky chit they bill for are things like pulling driveshafts or bumpers when required. You're still paying the hourly rate plus the extra charges on top. If you have the misfortune to break down in an area where the tow outfit has little or no competition I'd suggest you apply some Vasaline to the appropriate area. Chances are you're gonna need it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content