fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

5 posters

Great old Johnny Paycheck song

spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Great old Johnny Paycheck song Empty Great old Johnny Paycheck song

Post by spartman Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Been feeling like this for awhile now.

Depression sucks ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RAepGhVZEI
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Great old Johnny Paycheck song Empty Re: Great old Johnny Paycheck song

Post by spartman Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:19 pm

And on this topic, have you guys ever felt like you pray to GOD and its just dead air in return?
    Like he dont give two squirts of piss about ya?
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Yup...been there Spart..... thought it would never come back the other way. It aint fun. Hang in there and ride it out..... it's not an easy ride, but it's worth it.
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:47 pm

i was taught to pray my entire life--i really never felt any answers either

then i was taught to pray for specific things---it is not being selfish to pray for stuff for one's own needs

i am not nearly as far along the path as i would like to be--i pray at odd times of the day or some days--many times a day

this past 2 yrs have really been troublesome for me--mainly health related--for my selfish self death would be ok--i can't bear to think of the grief it would cause Julie and my parents, brothers & their families and i kinda got an interest in seeing what comes down with 2012

you must be open to receiving the blessings--PMA--positive mental attitude--be open to good things coming to you--discourage negative thought--thought does become reality

personally, i am due for a night waaaay out in the boonies with some peyote
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:06 pm

Spart, the best book I ever read was one called "The Four Agreements"...lots of great stuff in there. Took me alot of miles. Wore out at least 3 copies and have given away about a dozen.
    JH
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Best book I ever read was by Stuart Wilde, called "The Art of Redemption" It's very helpful and explains a lot od spiritual stuff on a more technical and understandable level. It ain't churchy by it's the best spiritual growth book I ever read. I am reading it through again right now.
    P>S> I spent a lot of years in the church thinking there had to be an answer they didn't know about. There is. Some of the plains Indians probably had it more nailed.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:05 am

the four agreements pdf

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~zen/files/toltec.pdf

is the the same one John??
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 am

Yup, that's the agreements JD, but the book isn't showing. He goes into some detail about each agreement.It's really good stuff. The first line in the agreement about doing your best is a personal favorite... your best is always changing....that's pretty powerful if ya think about it!
    I hear ya JB.. always had that thought in my head too.... and for once I was right! Laughing I'll have to locate that book...need a new "fix" soon.
    JH
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks guys.

I know that there is a GOD cause there sure as hell is a Devil.

Satans always there trying to recruit and is always in your ear, he has a hell of a recruitment plan.

GOD on the other hand has a few vague speeches and a book, and practically no recruiters.

For a guy like me, its hard to rely on that kind of faith, and from what Ive gotten out of the book, not being to understand that, means your shit outta luck.

I also have had a feeling ever since I can remember that I aint gonna make it to 60, be it me dying or the great ending coming.

Supposed to go see a Psychologist on Wed. I hope he can start to give me some kind of answers.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Spart, hang in there man. I've been dealing with this sort of thing most of my life. I do believe in God and I believe he does care. Like JD I've thought about an early end. My kid keeps me going. That and I try to stay so flippin busy that I don't have time for it. Listen to what the psycologist has to say.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:28 am

Same here Allen, my daughter is the only thing that kept me from teetering over the edge a few times. I also spent 15 years trying to find answers in the church. I can say without a doubt that the Christian mainstream does not have a franchise on God. The good book is good but you have to sift through it. Remember that it wasn't compiled for over 300 years after JC and even then it was put together by the council of Nycene, a bunch of churchy types that wanted to keep control over the masses. They left a lot out, made some up and changed a lot of stuff around. Then old King James took that to another level in the 1500s, a time when the church ran everything and it was considered heresy for you to even own a Bible. The church spoon fed it to the people.
    It's been a long hard road but I can throw out a couple things here. You get back what you put out. You have to change how you think and that's tough, a chore that's never done. My basic low opinion of the human race holds me back a lot. I know God wants us to honor and appreciate every part of his creation. That includes spiders, snakes and assholes. Anyone can love the easy ones, life's lesson is to learn to love the hard ones. Probably the hardest one for me to love is myself sometimes.
    Spart, your a good man with a lot to offer, hang in there. As you can see, a lot of us went through the same shit. Once you decide to quit giving that old devil a place, he will start leaving you alone. Negative thoughts and hate are his domain.
    Maybe just be a kid again, just go lay on your back in the grass and look for goofy stuff in the clouds, make some mudpies, climb a tree.
    One of the main things that got me through was focusing on raising my daughter. Your daughter's best chance at having a healthy relationship with a man is the pattern you set in your relationship with her. As hard as it might be, honor her mother, never ever badmouth her mom to her. That's bad seed that will grow bad fruit.
    OK, I better quit preaching now. We are all here to help each other.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 am

Well said everyone! One of the things I started seeing a few years ago is how animals (dogs, horses, etc.) treat people...they just love 'em...even the mean people and assholes.If they're treated even half right, they will treat that person back at least as well. As long as that person has even a speck of decency buried, they seem to tune in on it, and give 'em the benefit of the doubt... I always figured that I could learn alot from my dog, and I sure have. It's not an easy road, but it can be done.
    I spent a bunch of $$ at a psychologist, and when I'd gotten done saying my story, she looked at me and said, "ok.. now get over it, and get on with it". Best damned advice I've ever gotten....she was (and still is) a true gem! Damned sure not easy advice to follow always...but there's alot of merit to it. Gotta focus away from the bad and on the good. Look forward and if you can't find something that looks good, simplify and MAKE something good!
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:25 am

one thing that can make it easy--well this might be 2---wake up & get up & thank the lord you have lived to see another day of his making

PMA---positive mental attitude

don't "try" to have a good day

have a good day no matter how fucked up things get--go ahead and cry about it or laugh it off--then get on with that good day

i have really become one that hates that "try to" shit--that's failure before you even start

the battle of life demands us to be warriors--put the war paint on and kick some ass cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:35 am