fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Hob nobbin

AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Hob nobbin Empty Hob nobbin

Post by AlleyCat Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:52 am

Had a look at the life styles of the rich and famous this past week. I did some work on this motor home. It belongs to Vince McMahon who is CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment. Didn't meet him but his driver lives in Butler, PA.

Hob nobbin 08200007131

His driver told me this buggy cost $600,000 + . I didn't go past the driver's area but it's really laid out.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Hob nobbin Empty Re: Hob nobbin

Post by spartman Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:03 am

Damn!
    That looks like a nice setup.

His wife is running for some seat in congress I believe.

Wonder if he really is as big an ass as his character is?

Almost would have to be, to get that big in TV
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:52 am

His driver says he's a good guy. Money was no object. Whatever it takes fix it. The dealer's rate for RV work is $45 an hour OVER our regular shop rate. They never complain.

I did get the chance to take it on a 10 mile test ride. Normally I don't care to drive RV's since most of the ones I've driven are underpowered. They also tend to roll like an ocean going ship on the highway. Not this one. You have to pay attention to the speedo and it handles very well. Very Happy It's meant for a professional driver not a weekend warrior.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:02 pm

What was it? A Van Hool or MCI maybe? For sure a motor coach and not just some old motor home
    Million+ I imagine.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:17 pm

willowbilly3 wrote: What was it? A Van Hool or MCI maybe? For sure a motor coach and not just some old motor home
    Million+ I imagine.

MCI with someone else's conversion. C13 Cat, Allison trans, Watson Chalin rear suspension, steerable lift axle, Jake brake, Goodyear 670RV rubber, big Onan diesel genset, all Alcoa wheels, Meritor air disc brakes, all the bells and whistles. I was told it was $600+k. Mr.McMahon also owns the dealer that sold it.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:01 pm

I worked on some MCI, older ones. I think the newest was early 90s 502D. I actually liked the old MC9s the best, built like an airplane and made to go 3 million miles. 6V92s didn't go that far and the AC was a little weak on them. The 502s had DDec, and it's a little troublesome when they get old. One had an 8V71 and it was a pig but those 6V92s ran down the road pretty good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:35 am