fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

5 posters

Not all Deeres are green

AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Not all Deeres are green Empty Not all Deeres are green

Post by AlleyCat Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Much as I like to read the farm tractor stuff a lot of it goes over my head cause I don't know enough about 'em. Here's a John Deere I do know something about though. This 624G high lift has spent it's life in hell. Bought new to process scrap it's logged over 20,000 hours.

Not all Deeres are green 08280016591

Here it's carrying a Freightliner FL70 with a beverage body that's ready for the gas axe.

Of all the high lifts in the fleet the Deeres are the favorites with the Kawasakis running a close second.

Not all Deeres are green 08280016581

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Not all Deeres are green Empty Re: Not all Deeres are green

Post by Admin Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:30 pm

those are fun to operate
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:42 pm

NIce.

I think all the industrial Deere's are yellow IIRC.

I wouldnt mind having that beverage truck. Be cool to drive just as a daily driver.

AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Yeah Spart a beverage truck full of cold beer would make a cool daily.

A couple hotties riding shotgun would be a good excuse to miss work. Very Happy Very Happy
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Deere's are good loaders. If and when the 966 ever goes crap, it'll most likely be a Deere that replaces it. Their hydraulics are excellent!
    JH
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:59 pm

John when it comes to versatility the Deeres with the joystick beat all the rest. For brute strength though the hydraulics on the old Fiat-Allis loaders have them beat.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Yah? The only problem with the F/A stuff here is the dealer.... he's a real nutcase and has run almost everyone off. I love the Cat, but they don't have the cycle times that the Deere has. I'm thinkin' a 644 would look nice in our pit! Wink But, most likely, the 966 will get a new hyd pump and valve body, and that along with a trans pump and maybe a torque converter rebuild, should keep us going for a while.
    JH
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:12 pm

That old 966 will run forever if you stay on top of it. It might not be the fastest but for sure one of the toughest.The oil cooled brakes last forever. I'd stay away from the loaders with exposed disc brakes like the 950s, they need too much fixin.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 pm

slo & steady & don't spin the tires Not all Deeres are green Icon_biggrin
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:10 pm

hardtailjohn wrote:Yah? The only problem with the F/A stuff here is the dealer.... he's a real nutcase and has run almost everyone off.
    JH

The F/A dealer we use seems to treat everyone good. The yard owners are kinda partial to those old F/A's. I suspect the reasoning is their first high lift was a whipped out F/A they bought cheap and patched together. The mobile crusher crews get the newest high lifts. Next comes the home yard and the you pull it yard. After that is Pittsburgh yard. The guys at Pittsburgh yard ( better known as the zoo ) beat the living fuck out of every machine they get. The only exception is the Sennebogen crane. It has 1 operator who is very good and regularly threatens to shoot anyone who touches his crane.

The Deere in the pic is a spare that fills in when the other ones are down for repairs.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Admin wrote:slo & steady & don't spin the tires Not all Deeres are green Icon_biggrin

I worked a job that Kewitt was in charge of one time. They had a bunch of their pencil necked civil engineers there with nothing to do, so they grabbed their clip boards and came and watched us load trucks and feed the crusher. They marked you down if you spun a tire....3 marks and you were fired. What a bunch of assholes. Not a one could even figure out how to start a machine, but they were important!! We all just slacked it all day long and ran in 3rd so no chance of spinning...of course there was no way of getting a full bucket either.. they did get to can a couple operators, so they figured they were pretty cool. They were only there one day..production was in the toilet and when the bosses found out why from all the operators, they disappeared. Last time I was around that shit. I do my best to never spin, but shit happens, especially when digging in a pit, on the fly, trying to keep the crusher from running out!
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:26 pm

oops---looks like i hit a nerve--sorry John---i had that shit drilled into me growing up--not from my Dad--those old swedes and bohunks in NW KS were/are some penny pinchers--squeak squeak--as you say it's a bitch to get a full bucket without a little slippage here and there--i'll bet kewitt had watchers watching the watchers---wasting lead and having to use the eraser---know what i mean---hell that's why this country is so fucked up--cuz of edumacated idiots--spending dollars to save pennies they'll never see
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:05 am

Yep, exactly JD.Pencil pushers galore!
    A little slippage is almost a "gotta do" at times... the only time I get mad is when they just sit there and spin, figuring it will bite sooner or later and they'll get more in the bucket. Mad One of the hardest things to teach a new operator is to put that pressure on the front as soon as the bucket starts to bite, and keep it constant. Most want to push down and that just unloads the tires.....Some take to it right away and others never seem to quite get it. :cyclops:
    :cyclops:
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 am

a loader operator that cannot get the hang of a scoop shovel is a dangerous thing--lol

just like a draftsman that's never seen a construction site Not all Deeres are green Affraid
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Admin wrote:slo & steady & don't spin the tires Not all Deeres are green Icon_biggrin

Idjit that came up with that never had to retrieve half buried junkers from a muddy hill side. On any crushing job the boss says there should be enough processed cars on the ground that the trucks shouldn't have to wait for a load. On a few of the yards they crush at the haul road is so bad they need 2 loaders to get the trucks out to the highway. One on the front pulling and another at the rear pushing. There is a regular customer near Wheeling, W. VA. that has the haul road from hell. The trucks drive in about a mile but don't have room to turn around. The drivers drop the trailer which is then turned around with a loader then they rehook, load and get pushed to the main road. Backing in isn't an option. Don't spin? Hell they spin with chains on. Unlike most other mobile crusher outfits in the NE the boss doesn't turn down work in the winter. If the roads are passable the crews get sent out. Haul road not passable? No problem send a plow truck. If it's a big job send a fuckin dozer but get them to the shredder before the price drops. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content