fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

4 posters

Nigeria

Trukcrazy
    Trukcrazy

Nigeria Empty Nigeria

Post by Trukcrazy Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:29 am

Okay, I have to say it, Nigeria is definitely one of the places on earth that makes no sense to want to live in. I am getting paid fairly well to be here and it is still a daily battle to understand why I would subject myself to this. The chance for a job well done, but the final motivation is always the money and hope that the next project will be better. But that is what you get for working overseas. I will be back working at home doing menial labor (not really) if that is what it takes to stay in the United States. The United States will have to work long and hard to reduce itself to this level. Do you ever wonder why Oprah and her friends don't come here and help, especially when this is the region that her roots come from? They know it is a shithole and that is all it will ever be. I hope this isn't too over the top. This will be an ongoing rant by the way.

"I would rather be a homeless bum in the United States than be the wealthiest man in Nigeria." - John Creel
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Nigeria Empty Re: Nigeria

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:55 am

Well, they do have that scam. the Nigerian scam. Maybe you could get in on that, start answering ads on craigslist with a check for double the asking price and just western union you the difference.
    Trukcrazy
    Trukcrazy

Post by Trukcrazy Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:10 am

willowbilly3 wrote: Well, they do have that scam. the Nigerian scam. Maybe you could get in on that, start answering ads on craigslist with a check for double the asking price and just western union you the difference.

Excellent idea! Thanks. If I send you a check with shipping fees, will you give it to my mover?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:47 am

bub, i feel your pain--i followed a career path doing a job i absolutely reveled in, until i went to work for a company that was full of unhappy people, whose intent was, that everyone else be as miserable as they--it almost cost me my life.

most of those people are now fat and somewhat wealthy, and I am still pissed about the money--but i haven't needed to lose sleep over what i have done or hate waking up in the morning.

i would become a danish citizen in a heartbeat,really i wish my forebearers had been able to stay in their respective homelands, instead of falling for the prank of corporate amerika, brought to us via the rothschilds and their lot--we have been slaved on a different level and that level is dropping fast

i can say that one good thing about being poor, monetarily, is that when everyone is whining about losing this or that, the chickens don't come home to roost--nothing to lose here---like Kris wrote--"freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose"

and on the other hand i am extremely wealthy--excellent family & friends, been blessed with good health(except for a hiccup or 2) and the faith and knowledge that something waaaayyy better is just over the horizon

hang in there and be safe
    Trukcrazy
    Trukcrazy

Post by Trukcrazy Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:06 am

Thanks. I am blessed with a great wife and son. The rest of them are okay. I will be back in the U.S. when this project is finished and hopefully won't have to leave again. But, you never know. The main thing is for everyone to take care and be careful. Thanks again.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:14 am

obtw--we thrive on rants here

it's much easier and safer to have that train wreck here than somewhere that causes ya more grief or pain cheers
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Rant away man.

As far as over the top goes hell we'd just see what's on the other side. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:24 pm