fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Hey JD! Did you get to feel the OK quake?

spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Hey JD!  Did you get to feel the OK quake? Empty Hey JD! Did you get to feel the OK quake?

Post by spartman Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Says there was one up by Norman was a 5.1 I guess.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Hey JD!  Did you get to feel the OK quake? Empty Re: Hey JD! Did you get to feel the OK quake?

Post by Admin Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:33 pm

no--but the earth moved when i was on the throne Hey JD!  Did you get to feel the OK quake? 301330

that was was in an unusual spot for our part of the country--usually they are smaller and only about 35 miles away--i have felt some of those and they always make one of my dogs go weird
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Hey JD!  Did you get to feel the OK quake? Empty Re: Hey JD! Did you get to feel the OK quake?

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 pm

5 is a good shaker. I have felt several over the years, 5.8 was the strongest. First one I ever experienced was a wave. I felt it and looked out in the street and you could see the wave go through, all the trees were whipping.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:43 pm

i was in a roller--like JB's wave type---the asphalt parking lot had waves going across it and the hedges were whipping back and forth like crazy---san jose, ca 1984--i didn't get scared until it was over

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Morgan_Hill_earthquake

i believe they down graded the one today to a 4.5

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010ciay.php

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:58 am