fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

+2
hardtailjohn
19674x4
6 posters

Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie

19674x4
    19674x4

Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie Empty Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie

Post by 19674x4 Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Went for a Drive today
    Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie DSCN0536
    Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie DSCN0542
    Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie DSCN0541
    19674x4
    19674x4

Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie Empty Re: Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie

Post by 19674x4 Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie DSCN0543
    Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie DSCN0529
    Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie DSCN0526
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie Empty Re: Just some pics of snow and the Snowie Mountains outside of Laramie

Post by hardtailjohn Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Damn man...you do NICE work!!!

:great:
    19674x4
    19674x4

Post by 19674x4 Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:00 pm

hardtailjohn wrote:Damn man...you do NICE work!!!

:great:
    Thanks Very Happy
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:24 am

Nice scenery, to bad its got that damned white shit in it.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:38 am

There's nothing like the start of winter in the mountains, dam I miss that. I used to live for winter and good snowmobiling. Are you involved with the guys cutting the pecker poles? Looks like a bug tree cleanup.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:44 am

good pics
    19674x4
    19674x4

Post by 19674x4 Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:18 am

yea they are cutting the beetle kill trees, drove by it and it reminded me of home, though the trees are much much smaller than im used to HA!
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:29 am

Yah, but them little pecker poles ride sooooo much nicer than big stuff, I'd rather haul them anyday!! I had a 4 log load once...about broke my teeth out getting it to the mill!!
    Too bad we've let the beetle get so out of control. It's the same around here, and now the "green's" are standing around, wringing their hands, and trying to figure out who to blame that will take it off them...... meanwhile the beetle is running amok and when it runs out of pine, it's headed right into the Ponderosa, Doug Fir, and Spruce here.... ohwell... But we still can't log it...gotta let it stand and rot.
    19674x4
    19674x4

Post by 19674x4 Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 am

It chaps my ass that they keep getting in the way. frikin greenies dont realize that we have to get control of the beetles and they dont realize that the only things that kill them are fire and winters below -40.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:58 pm

hardtailjohn wrote:Yah, but them little pecker poles ride sooooo much nicer than big stuff, I'd rather haul them anyday!! I had a 4 log load once...about broke my teeth out getting it to the mill!!
    Too bad we've let the beetle get so out of control. It's the same around here, and now the "green's" are standing around, wringing their hands, and trying to figure out who to blame that will take it off them...... meanwhile the beetle is running amok and when it runs out of pine, it's headed right into the Ponderosa, Doug Fir, and Spruce here.... ohwell... But we still can't log it...gotta let it stand and rot.
    Spruce bark beetles run about a 75 year cycle. Nature's way is for it to all burn up and new life springs forth. The Black Hills have them bad too. They have canceled the 4th of July fireworks at Mt. Rushmore. But they are also doing some controlled burns, about 3500 acres a couple weeks ago. The trouble with logging the shit is that you carry those beetles out of the Forrest and may infect healthy trees somewhere else.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:04 pm

trees and bugs

all made by the same guy

life and death

cycles

i sure do like beetle kill lumber for interior finish work
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Yah, very true JB... but I guess it at least makes me feel better if they're doing something.....
    I hear that JD.....and agree..
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:41 pm

hardtailjohn wrote:Yah, very true JB... but I guess it at least makes me feel better if they're doing something.....
    I hear that JD.....and agree..
    I don't know why they always have to wait around until half the forest is red needles before they do something tho. JD is right, that bug wood makes some beautiful interior finish wood. I was logginf for a guy back in the 70s who had some run through a shaper and made like wainscot. Nobody around here had ever seen that done and it was stunning.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Yah, that's what Mom & Dad used in their house for all the wood. Theirs has alot of "blue" in it too....awesome stuff. Dad laughed that when the mill bought that wood from him, it was said to be "low grade lodgepole", because it was dead standing...but when he bought it back, it was the finest stuff they had.... yah, go figure!
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 pm

I know a kid in high school that used the "blued pine" mixed with some that had red stains in it and built a bed out of it. It was a pretty nice bed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:05 am