fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

cooking oil

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

cooking oil Empty cooking oil

Post by Admin Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:49 am

got a tip the other day

wash hands with cooking oil prior to handling peppers or onions--blocks the smelly burny stuff from sticking to your hands--i tried it--it works

i need to see if it works for gasoline--i loved the smell from the 70's--today's gas smells bad from the git go
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

cooking oil Empty Re: cooking oil

Post by hardtailjohn Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:55 am

I do know it works for a hand cleaner if you're greasy.....
    JH
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:27 pm

good tip, thanks. And 10-4 on stinky gas, I can't stand to have it on me. And nowdays it gets rotten in just a few months, making it really bad smelly. Last summer I got a gallon of gas in a clesr plastic water jug. Within one day setting in the sun it looked like Tang.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:07 pm

When I was hauling fuel in WA, our company bought a million gallons of unlead from an outfit calledd "Time Oil" in Ballard (right next to downtown Seattle). The boss got a great deal on it, and we hauled it to a bunch of stores right on the border... when you looked down in the tanks, it was about the color of ice tea Shocked and smelled worse than anything I've been around! I got to talk to a couple of the guys that worked there and it was amazing to hear what they said was thrown in that crap!! Ohwell...the Canadians gobbled it up, as it was cheap! I will say though...when we hauled out of Esso and Shell Canada in Burnaby, you could see all the way to the bottom of a million gallon tank of their unlead!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:38 pm