fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

early am excitement

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

early am excitement Empty early am excitement

Post by Admin Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:54 am

so i let the 2 girls out about 5 this morning--less than 5 mins i smell major skunk wafting into the house--oh great--so i wait till day breaks--listening to the "let me in" barks at the back door(which is right beside mama's window--u do the math)

fortunately only 1 got the dose--get out the wet suit gear and palmolive dish soap(green stuff) and the woolite--she took a full frontal hit on the chest--turned her white spot(all catahoulas have one on their chest) a greenish yellow--one mega dose of dish soap--lather and rinse--one mega dose of woolite --lather and rinse--probably go again a little later in the day, but i got 95 % anyway--thank god it was 45 instead of the 30's we been enjoying(i lie--wink)

the neighbor trapped one last week--he had fun on the release portion of his plan--didn't get sprayed but the skunk took off so fast he couldn't get a bead on him and he had his 40 in hand

last week Julie went on the front porch about 11:30--she nearly crapped herself trying to get back in the door before the little baby one fired on her--we have since removed all the food sources

i am pretty sure the skunk was on the outside of our fence, otherwise i would have found the dead body--the one that got sprayed is pretty much a killer when it comes to small animals(she ate a buncha cats over the years and we never found even a scrap of hair--except for the one we caught her with
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

early am excitement Empty Re: early am excitement

Post by hardtailjohn Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:33 am

Damned skunks!! A freind had his dog chase one under his house, then fight it and kill it there....let your imagination do the work. I told him it would be easier to just burn the house and start over.... yuck!
    I came around the corner one day, to see my dog Lucy, walking up to one, wagging her tail (wanting to be friends!) as the skunk was raising the tail and beginnig to turn.... got her to come back to me just in time!!!
    I feel for ya JD... not much fun.
    JH
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Sorry to hear that JD. When I lived in the country i had a Catahoula dog that jumped on every one he saw. Back then I just soaked him down in tomato juice and tied him up in the woods 300yds up wind of the house till he smelled better. Sometimes 4-5 days.
    The most afraid I ever was bowhunting was when one walked past me from behind to front. Thought I'd pee my pants but he never knew I was there. I've had rattlers crawl across my boots, a huge russian boar within 5 feet, a bob cat 2' away and these didnt bother me but that skunk did.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content