fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

5 posters

stash & inventory

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

stash & inventory Empty stash & inventory

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 pm

ok--here's the deal--ya got this stuff that needs saved--box it--oops no sharpie--o well wtf--label it later---time passes

i know i have a spare _________ insert item

now where da flock is it???

several days pass--maybe weeks(ahem)

jeez there sure are a buncha unlabeled boxes on these shelves--wonder what's in them????

finding all kinds of good things---label them this time

maybe even make a list of item and box location study

then what--lose the list--probably :joker:

oh well-- Smile
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

stash & inventory Empty Re: stash & inventory

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:46 am

1976- Boxed up stuff from my apt. and moved to my new house. Didn't label 3 boxes
    1979- Sold house and moved to newly remodeled house I grew up in in Winnsboro Tx. Never opened 3 boxes
    1983- Moved back to Dallas into apt. Never opened 3 boxes
    1988- Moved into new house in Dallas. Never opened 3 boxes
    1995- Sold house, bought new house in Mesquite, Never opened 3 boxes
    2006- Moved out of Mesquite house, Set boxes on curb, never opened 3 boxes
    I figured if I hadn't missed it, I didn't need it, what ever it was
    Label your boxes
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 am

yep--labeling is good--i have fought being anal retentive on organizing--i mean serious organizing--obsessive organizing--but it is time to pack some stuff up so we can tackle a little home repair and updating here--so the labeling rule is in effect once again

i'll bet those 3 boxes had "gold" in them stash & inventory 301330
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 am

ps--so i watched storage wars--those cats are always looking for labeled boxes--if ya label all of them "shit" i wonder if the bids go down????

right after high school i went to work for a helicopter spray outfit--he hadn't sorted all the boxes in a 100 ft x 60 ft qounset in 10 yrs--all kinds of stuff- automotive, farm, helicopter,etc.--in a month i had it all sorted labeled and mapped--right down to the nozzle orifices and cotter pins
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 pm

My farm boss is the opposite and it drives me absolutely INSANE. He wanted me to start cleaning up his shop and organize it, which I really wanted to do anyways so create more inside space and space on the tables. I spent one day just burning trash more or less and in between sorting thru coffee cans of mixed crap (rusty bent nails mixed with new bolts and washers). Spent most of the next day doing it and went thru at least 50 cans of this crap and had all the bolts nuts sorted into size and fine or course, the nails were in several cans located in the same space, cotter pins in one place, and then a couple cans of misc crap to resort thru. He comes into the shop and wondered why I am sorting it and told me he didn't want me to sort anymore of it as it was easier to just leave it in the cans and just look if we need something.....needless to say whenever he is gone I sit down with a few cans and sort a bit at a time......I have filled several 5 gallon buckets with little bits of iron junk and that is just out of one corner of the shop that is now Lance's designated tractor corner for my winter project.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:37 pm

I spend more time looking for shit I thought I had than I do getting anything done. But then I always find shit I forgot I had and it's like Christmas .
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:03 pm

I'm doing the household treasure hunt right now. Trying to find the papers from when I had the hacienda surveyed back in '05. Wanna build a garage this summer and the boro is playing "watch the monkey jump thru the hoops".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:20 am