fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

5 posters

Ethel Mae Dunn

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Ethel Mae Dunn Empty Ethel Mae Dunn

Post by Admin Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:58 am

שלום נצחי

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXvKRZRofDE

she's now in the place

98 yrs---1 husband--3 children

she spoiled me bad--i'll miss her
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Ethel Mae Dunn Empty Re: Ethel Mae Dunn

Post by hardtailjohn Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 am

Sorry to hear it JD... may she rest in peace.
    My heart and prayers go to ya, and yours.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:17 pm

thanks

it's all good--the past 15 yrs, after gramps passed, she went to the dementia, it was minute to minute--it was really a safe place for her--she was always upbeat and still onery--she had worked in the nursing home she was in from the day it opened until she retired--a healer--registered nurse--came from strong german stock--her Dad was a wealthy horse man until a major flood on the mississippi wiped them out and caused them to move from the bootheel of MO to the ne corner of the state

although not a surprise, it was sudden and relatively quick--a day and a 1/2--

she's by Grandpa now and i am rejoicing for the end of her earthly passing and the beginning of the next level

guess i won't make the funeral service due to several things, but i can deal with that, my spirit will be there & funerals are for the living

CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm glad your ok. Our prayers go with you
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:14 am

JD, she done good, 98 is a long run, glad it came quick for her at the end. Too bad you can't go but you are right about funerals. One good thing is the gathering, you get to see people you haven't seen in a long time and may never see again.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss JD.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:41 am

yes--i will miss seeing a lot of family--it's primarily the weather issues for driving and i can't afford the flight& on top of all that i am not sure i can sit for that long either flying or driving

it bothers me to not be there--just as i feel guilty for not being there through the years--ya know, living there so i could visit whenever i wanted or needed to--i saw both sets of grandparents everyday from my birth until i was 7 and we moved 60 mi away--then is was just weekends--then we moved 500+ mi away to oklahoma--so then it was holidays and summer vacations--i cried everytime we parted--still do whether it's family or close friends--i'll be a while working this one out

i am proud of who she was and i am grateful the suffering was minimal---she now has a pain free joyous place to be with all that have gone before her

i almost didn't put this up on the board--what with John and his loss and then JB's Ma----seemed like jumping on the bandwagon or something--i have spent a goodbit of life burying things that i don't want to deal with--sooner or later some of it comes out one way or another

the part of death i dislike is that someone who meant so much can just be gone--that empty spot in your heart
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:59 am

I hear ya JD, but I always keep remembering something a friend of mine said.... "I'm not gone until you make me gone. Close your eyes and remember, and I'm right there with you." Made alot of sense to me at the time and makes more sense every day. We all have things to pass on to each other as we put our time in here.... all good.... and all for a purpose. After watching the video Dell's kids put together for him yesterday, and hearing all the great stories told about him, it really hit home again, and I'm damned glad I got to have him in my life, and had the sense to learn from him... same goes for everyone that's passed. My Grandparents passed a long time ago, and yep, I miss them, but like JB said, their funerals were for the living, and I didn't make it to 3 of the 4...but I still have THEM and what they stood for etched in my soul, and I'll take that any day. I know they'd rather I had that too, and I'm sure yours would too.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:54 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:26 pm