fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

5 posters

Did you know?

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Did you know? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you know?

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:37 pm

A friend has a Datsun 4x4 diesel. I don't think there's anything wrong with it except it doesn't have a title. He also has one of those 4.3 Chevy diesels, celebrity I think. He's a hoarder and doesn't get rid of much stuff, same guy that owns the 6.5 that's been in my yard for 2 years.
    That 4.3 would be cool in a rear drive like an S10 or something.
    Both of those guys are pig hunting in Corpus right now, could have sent something down.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:11 pm

oh--man --- i hope they ain't paying for that--i think i need to start a guide business--PIG EXTERMINATOR---flyingpig hunts--- Did you know? - Page 2 301330
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:41 pm

I did find some info on those electric diesels.

Seems there is an electronic pump controller bolted to the back of the pump.

They have a higher than normal rate of failure, due to the fact that the pump is in the intake valley where it gets good and hot.

The recommended fix is to get a new unit, and move it away from the engine.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Well, theoretically that does help the PMD box live longer if you get the longer cord and move it away from the pump but I still see intermittent weird no start problems with them, even with it moved. It seems when those systems get old they just aren't reliable anymore. The 95 my friend has, has a new pump and the PMD moved and it still just won't start sometimes. Then you go back later and it will. The one he owns that's in my yard won't start at all. One day we drug it about 3-4 miles trying to pull start it. After about 2 miles of pulling it just started like you had turned on the key. We drove it back to the house and it died coming down the hill but started again. Got it home, shut it off and started it a couple times but it never would restart the next day.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Wow thats just weird.

Im beginning to think that maybe I should sell my 80 chevy and take that money to get a cheap older diesel truck.

Ive also noticed that truck prices are way different east river vs west river.

Seems like a truck that would sell for 500 bux west river would sell for no less than 1000 bux here.

Maybe I need to take a trip out west?
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:47 pm

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:00 pm

spartman wrote:Wow thats just weird.

Im beginning to think that maybe I should sell my 80 chevy and take that money to get a cheap older diesel truck.

Ive also noticed that truck prices are way different east river vs west river.

Seems like a truck that would sell for 500 bux west river would sell for no less than 1000 bux here.

Maybe I need to take a trip out west?

Well, the cowboys are pretty rough on them so finding one that isn't beat to hell might be a little harder. But yeah, if you've got $1000 and keep your eyes open, you can find a decent 6.2 or 6.9.
    I see a lot of 80s and 90s pickups at the scrap iron place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 am