fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

2 posters

Hey John

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Hey John Empty Hey John

Post by willowbilly3 Mon May 16, 2011 5:22 am

What's one of those good mowers worth? How about a good working dumprake? I know we have lots of that stuff around here but I don't have time to restore anything to good condition, hence the disc and turd spreader that have both been sitting for over a year. My sis is wanting something for her Frisan mares to keep them worked down.
    She and the hired man have been riding the stink out of those mares almost every day. They have about 1300 head of yearlings on pasture. They put in days that would wear out 2 quarter horses and still have lots of horse left at the end of the day. The 2 guildings don't get used much at all, they might sell them.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Hey John Empty Re: Hey John

Post by hardtailjohn Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 am

Yah, they're a helluva horse! A friend of Kate's is a big hotshot trainer of them in CA...he says they're awesome, but you have to put up with the owners! lol!

A good mower usually runs in the $500 range. For some reason, #9 McCormick is the popular machine... I'm not that impressed with them over all the rest, but that's what the demand is. A good rebuilt one sold for $1400 in Madras last month, and the other ones didn't go that far less. It seems that paint and updates are the ticket to big bucks.(as usual) There's a system called "easy cut" that updates the guards and sections for about $100, and everyone is updating the pitman with a ball joint that you can grease...I'm planning on that for my Big 4, so will let you know how it goes.
    Dump rakes should be worth a couple hundred, especially if complete. They mostly go for yard art. Side delivery rakes (horsedrawn) are worth about $400 if they're complete. John Deere and New Idea are the hot sellers there.
    Mowers are GREAT work for horses! Good steady pull and not too hard, but not too easy. It makes a good horse!
    JH
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon May 16, 2011 12:08 pm

We've got a ground driven side delivery that works good. I guess we could use it with a hitch cart. She is thinking about just buying a good hitch cart, a local guy builds a good one, but $$$

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content