fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

electric starter for tiller & othe briggs

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

electric starter for tiller & othe briggs Empty electric starter for tiller & othe briggs

Post by Admin Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:53 pm

ok--i want to rig a starter motor--my hot rod friend had 1 cart mounted to start his kaw drag bike--so i am thinking something to use instead of the pull rope on older engines of the lawn mower and tiller nature

ideas???

i have a briggs or tecumseh starter so mainly it's the connecter pin/box thing i need to make.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

electric starter for tiller & othe briggs Empty Re: electric starter for tiller & othe briggs

Post by spartman Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 pm

They used to make an attachment that you could use your cordless drill to start one.

Dont think they make it cause of that legal bs.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

electric starter for tiller & othe briggs Empty Re: electric starter for tiller & othe briggs

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:40 pm

What are you trying to start, the Briggs? Lots of my old garden tractors have a belt driven starter/generator. It looks pretty much like a Delco generator. I'm not sure how the wiring goes, you'd have to get a schematic over at MyTractors.com. Golf carts used the same thing
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 pm

briggs on tiller--mainly dreamin up a way to have a universal starter to use on any briggs type engine--so the pulley idea is good---i am thinking a socket to fit the stem on the crank that the recoil normally sits on--powered by a 12v car or truck starter

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:00 am