fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

4 posters

Advantages

CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Advantages Empty Advantages

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:17 am

Working part time at Northern tool has its advantages
    Yesterday morning the Power Stroke barely started after cycling the glow plugs
    I had our mechanic at work do a load test and one of my 3 year old Walmart batteries had died
    I bought 2 of them and the other one died last year and they replaced it for free, because it was not 24 months old
    We carry Interstates so I picked one up after work.
    We sell them for $119 each plus tax which is less than anyone else around here
    I got a new terminal end cleaner and those felt pads to go under the terminals
    With my emplyee discount I walked out the door for $105.
    Heck of a deal, this has a 6 year warranty with 3 free years
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Advantages Empty Re: Advantages

Post by Admin Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:54 pm

that's a bargain--more later--got a dog up my butt--lol--hope all is well mr c--need to phone ya about some sailing gear--what hrs ya woikin??
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Pitch that other Wally World Never Start and put both new interstate batterys in. You'll never need another set of batterys in that truck. Plus now Mal Wart requires that you have your sales slip to warranty a battery.
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Ummm hope that dog thats up your butt is a little tee tiny itsy bitsy thing.
    Yea Walmart requires sales slips but I have a sales slip file an inch thick
    I'd love to have two but Im waiting for my ship to come in.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:43 pm

No dog, just lots of years experience with Wally's shit batterys and Interstates best in the business ones. Guarantee you won't have an Interstate go tits in 2-3 years.
    Plus, those batterys should always be replaced as a pair, shouldn't mismatch them anyway.
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:53 am

Yea I know I should have replaced both of them but it wasn't in the budget this month.
    Guess this is the first time ever I have not replaced both at the same time.
    maybe next month
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 pm

I hear ya, $100 is a lot of coin. And for as much as I bitch about Never Start batterys I have them in both of my drivers. But because they were free. My buddy who is a tech at a dealership used to give me ones that went tits and still had time left on the free replacement I haven't got more than 2 years on the one in my truck yet, it's the third one in 5 years, Wally's top of the line one too. When I lived in Alaska I wouldn't think of putting anything but an Interstate in my cars. I had the test information on all the popular brands and Interstate were the only batterys that tested higher than they were rated, on CCA and more importantly on reserve capacity. A few of the better brands were right about where they were advertised and most cheap batterys didn't come close to what they claimed, some won't even advertise reserve capacity. Reserve capacity will tell you a lot more about how much ass a battery has than CCA.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:43 pm

I'll throw in another vote for Interstate. I've had a few still going strong long after their prorated warranty was up and I know of quite a few more. I put a new one in my 96 F150 last year. The old one was still good but it was 2 years past it's 60 month rating. I get mine at the local Interstate distribution center where you can buy retail. When I told the counter guy that I wanted top of the line he started to look up the price. When I told the guy I could care less what it costs it got me some funny looks from other customers. Wiseass behind me said something to the tune must be nice to have money. I told him as long as the truck starts I'll make it to work which is why I have money. He shut up real quick. Laughing
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 pm

In 85 I put a pair of the old red tops in my F-250. I used it a lot for service calls and jumping. When they were 7 1/2 years old I pulled them and had Interstate take them in and test them. They both tested better than they were rated for. I put them in other cars and got a new pair of megatrons. Both of those red tops were still going strong when I lost track of the cars I put them in a couple years later. Almost 10 year old batterys still doing the job, unheard of. That's as cheap as a battery gets no matter what they cost.
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:20 am

I agree they outlast anything. I traded my 88 F250 to my nephew for his 87 Eddie Bower Bronco II in 95. I had all the belts, hoses, brakes, fluids, tires(a new set of Michelins) and a new Interstate changed out as soon as I got it. I parked it at my neighbors house and just drove it once a month running errands or to work when it was icy or snowing. I put at solar panel on it and that battery was as good as new in 04 when I sold it to my neighbor.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:37 pm

i remember when u could go to the interstate factory on inwood (or close to that--cj knows the spot) and get the blems for next to free--that's all i ran for years
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Yea I remember the place. I bought a few of them myself. Usually it was just a screwed up printing on them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:47 am