fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Gotta love it.......

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Gotta love it....... Empty Gotta love it.......

Post by hardtailjohn Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Just came in from the shop. Been in there all day (after the cow work in the morning) working on the crusher. Tomorrow they're supposed to deliver some fuel to me, so wanted everything topped off from the main tank, and the slip tank in the '70 Ford. Got done fueling the loader and figured I'd give the "bump" a try... it hasn't been touched since last fall when we pulled the crusher in about Oct. Jumped in, dome light worked..this is a good sign... pumped her a bit and hit the starter. About 3 revolutions and the engine is lit and sounds like it was just run 10 minutes ago! Every time I think about getting rid of that thing, it does something like this and I realize I have to keep it..... haha Wish they still made stuff that well!!!
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Gotta love it....... Empty Re: Gotta love it.......

Post by spartman Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Damn, thats a ford for ya!!!

Gotta get my bump fired up, but need to get the choke connected.

Spent the day working on the lawn mowers and drained about a quart of sludge out of the two mowers, then sharpened the blades.

Had to jury rig the stop cable on the push mower since the winter wasnt kind to it.

The old big mow needs a bit of work though. Needs a couple bearings on the one blade shaft, a new steering shaft and steering gear, and some bearings for the rear wheels.

On top of that it needs to have the side guards repaired on the deck, but a couple of l brackets and thats good to go.

Not to bad for a 27 year old mower.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 pm

right now my kind thoughts for fords is kinda low---but then--it is a chevy carb Rolling Eyes Gotta love it....... 301330

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:05 pm