fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

4 posters

Working on the skid steer

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Working on the skid steer Empty Working on the skid steer

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:08 pm

We have an ancient John Deere skid steer. It's a model 90 with an air cooler twin, probably a Kohler. I got all the stuff to service it and decided to see why it's been marking it's spot lately. Found hard pipes in the belly rusted. 4 inches of oily mud and pine needles in the belly, got it up on some rails so I can get the belly plates off. JD parts obsolete so I had some hoses made up. rained all day so I never got the nasty little shit back together.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Working on the skid steer Empty Re: Working on the skid steer

Post by AlleyCat Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:36 am

Good luck with that mess. Anything that involves skid plates is usually a royal pain in the ass.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:35 am

All ya gotta do is let me run it for a couple minutes, it'll be on it's nose and easy to access all that stuff on the belly, standing up! Working on the skid steer 301330 I hate those things!!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:22 am

one of oberlin's tractor dealers was a distributor for the bobcats when they arrived on the scene back in the 70's--one of his sons nearly had to go to the hospital after that thing finally let go of him--hydraulic valves and kill switch malfucshuned affraid it just kept buckin--he was pretty close to knocked out when the dang thing finally quit--this weren't no sissy boy either--3 time state champ wrestler--i ran a john deere one time--i thought the controls were very user friendly compared to some other brands i had been on--it really depends on how the pump is set---here in ardville a guy i worked with got his foot and leg crushed by a bobcat otj--the operator is/was a good operator--lousy maintenance--he is being compensated, but not out of the goodness of the company heart

well that's all i got--later

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:07 pm