fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

5 posters

Bad weather for john

spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Bad weather for john Empty Bad weather for john

Post by spartman Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Heres a report from the govt showing the storm thats gonna bury poor john

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/FXC/wxstory.php?wfo=ggw
    71ford100
    71ford100

Bad weather for john Empty Re: Bad weather for john

Post by 71ford100 Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:38 pm

They can't decide if it is going to snow here yet or not one place will have a 50 percent chance 20 miles away will have a 20 percent chance....hope to go get the bump this weekend.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Wrong side of the mountains.... but they still say we're supposed to get some snow and such. I use www.wunderground.com and you can type in hanson, mt and you get the weather for right here at my house!!
    Maybe if we got that really bad killer storm we could get a big handsome check from FEMA!? We've got a couple inches on the ground, and it was in the 20's this morning... I know 'cause I ran out the back door in my bathrobe and slippers and popped a wolf chasing cows. Sure not a bad way to start the day!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:46 am

good shootin'---- that big old bitch would/could have caused a lot of damage to anything it preyed on--i haven't ever seen a live wolf, some friends in CA had a wolf cross shepherd dog--that was an untrustworthy sumbitch--i am pleased that the breed is not extincted, but not in the manner that they have chosen to re-populate--anything that messes with a person's well being or lively hood is fair game in my book--HTJ & Kate 1---wolf relieved of duty
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:20 pm

What did you shoot it with?
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:47 pm

220 Swift, JB. About 150 yards. Tough to get the sucker to stand still long enough to get a clear shot.
    They're an awesome animal. Very beautiful and all that, but they sure don't belong with the cows and horses. We've lost at least one calf to them this year and had another attacked in Mom & Dad's yard. This is the second one for the year to go...first one was a bit smaller and darker. Another young female. There are 2 big males that pass through... I'd love to get a shot at one of them....about half again as big as the one I got yesterday. FWP and the Feds have been great this time... they've been trapping and told us to shoot on sight, so at least that helps....we can defend ourselves.
    I really pity the whole bunch that are whining on FB... they are clueless, and don't want to learn. The world isn't all fluff and flowers...it's kind of a bitch at times, but I refuse to support the fluffy crap...gotta keep it real. They're why we're in the mess we are in right now.
    Just watching the news... they're in a panic about winter.... "ARCTIC INVASION" is the big headline.... they're saying "snow covered roads" and flashing a big red light on the screen...seems Bozeman got 6" of snow..... HOLY SHIT, it's November, and we're in MONTANA!!!!! Amazing that we used to be able to look out and SEE with our own eyes that the road is snow covered, and we'd do some basic deducting and figure out that it might be a little slick....DUH!! What a mess the world is in!!!
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Everybody loves the damn things until they are in their backyard....just like bears and cougars move to the mountains and bitch that a bear gets into your trash from your booze party the night before....DAMN YUPPIES....off my soapbox now.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:46 pm

They were having a meeting on how many lions to take this year and the kaliforney tree huggers were here threatening to boycott SD tourism. They decided to up the hunt from 60 last year to 100 and let a few permits to use dogs in Custer State Park. Kaliforeys got the message. Reminded me of a story from when Walley Hickel was governor of Alaska a few years ago. The bunny huggers were up there trying to tell them how to manage the wolves and sniveling about the aerial hunting. Ol' Walley says "we need 300 wolves gone out of this certain area because it's a subsistence area and the moose numbers due to wolves has dwindled" He says "300 wolves are going to disappear, if you want to live catch them and take them back to California, feel free to do so but 300 wolves WILL go away". End of story.
    Kind of the same nose thumb to those goobers here. Big cats are eating all the deer in the Black Hills and now the wolves are starting to move in.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 pm

somewhere in the Bible it warns of fanatics and zealots--all those axe grinders fall into those categories- most wouldn't make 24 hrs without a starbucks and a mickey d's--i remember my Grandpa telling me about coming face to face with a black wolf while hunting turkey in NEMO(north east MO.) this was in the mid 60's--they were supposed to be all gone by then in that area. He was a woodsman's woodsman--used to keep a rattlesnake by the front gate on the old home place on the Fox river, got bit by a black widow and nearly lost his arm--he said the wolf had snuck up on him and was in the spring or attack stance--they had a stare down and the wolf left--he said it was a scary thing--he didn't shoot it due to the rareness of them then, but said he would've if push had come to shove--he grew up on wild meat, so much so that my Dad won't eat anything but beef, chicken or pork--he grew up hunting for meals with Grandpa--coon, possum, deer, turkey, muskrat, beaver, anything ya could get out of a river or pond--anyway, it's a law of nature and man's nature is to protect his/her animals against whatever they need protecting from--my indian totem is the coyote--i have hunted and trapped them for the furs--didn't and won't give it a second thought
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 pm

One of the coolest experiences I ever had involved a big wolf. I was riding almost everyday up above the tree line. Some days I'd take the scatter gun and bring home some ptarmigan. Or I usually had my camera. I had been seeing fresh wolf sign along the trail just below the treeline for a week or two. One day I ran across him and had neither shotgun or camera. He was a huge black wolf with a white cross on his chest. He seemed to not be scared of me in the slightest. I would run up close to him with the snow machine but he never broke from a trot. I followed him 3-4 miles down the trail. If he went out of sight, he would be waiting for me and then trot on as I came around the bend or over the hill, never more than 40- 50 yards ahead of me. Almost like he was leading me somewhere. After a while the trail forked and he went one way and I the other. I'm not sure if I would have shot him if I'd had a gun but I'm glad I didn't. I was a guest in his territory and he was a gracious host.
    If he'd of been around the house, different story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:51 am