fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

4 posters

A good run.......

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

A good run....... Empty A good run.......

Post by hardtailjohn Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 pm

I guess 43 years is a damned good run for a horse..... especially when he's healthy and sound right up to the day before he has to be put down. Ol' Red fell down last night (kinda think it was a mini stroke or something... he's taken a couple tumbles in the last few weeks) and we couldn't get him up this morning, so we had to put him down. Not the greatest way to start the day, but ohwell.
    He'd been rescued by Kate's brother 24 years ago when he saw a guy beating him... and the vet said he wouldn't make it the night...guess he showed them!!
    He was getting kind of like Mr.McGoo in his attitude in the last couple years...guess if you're that old, you just don't give a shit anymore! haha
    It seems a bit empty around here already...even with 6 big ones looking in the windows.....
    Green pastures, old man!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

A good run....... Empty Re: A good run.......

Post by Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:59 pm

dang it--on this subject i can say i know just how u feel--that does not help the hurt--my belief system has come to include all animals--it was his time to go to the big stable/mansion--he made his journey and lived on earth--keep an eye out for us Mr OL Red
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Sorry to hear about the big guy there.

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:42 pm

I think a person should just keep parrots and sea turtles so you never have to out-live your critters.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Well, this one didn't bother me that much...he basically lived 2 lives for a horse, and ya can't ask much more than to feel good to the end! It is a bit "quiet" around without him tonight...but the others are doing their best to make up for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:09 pm