fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

4 posters

Anybody know about mercedees or audi diesels?

spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Anybody know about mercedees or audi diesels? Empty Anybody know about mercedees or audi diesels?

Post by spartman Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:33 pm

Went walking through a pullit yard looking for a part to fix my moms car and came across a couple of interesting finds.

One was a 74 Mercedes 220D with a stick shift and a 84 Audi 80 with a 1.9 (i think) diesel hooked to a fwd tranny.

Any one know anything about em other than hp/torque stats? 

I know neither one is real powerful, but for the prices listed at the yard I could have the engines for about 200 bux with all the accessories on em.

Was thinking I might even use the Mercedes tranny if it would work.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Anybody know about mercedees or audi diesels? Empty Re: Anybody know about mercedees or audi diesels?

Post by Admin Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:49 pm

i think the 200d would be an economical fix for a bumpside--not a hotrod setup--but the smileage should be good--about as basic as a combustion engine comes--the bump should weigh less than the MB, so u could make a gain there--the only drawback might be paying for the benz parts, but given the price of any part these days....my experience has been it's usually a fuel pump issue that gets them down--i owned a 200d for a spell and that was it's problem--was moving and sold it to the GF's brother--after a new pump it was good to go
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Anybody know about mercedees or audi diesels? Empty Re: Anybody know about mercedees or audi diesels?

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:42 pm

The MB would make a good grease burner. Not much on power, you'd need 12 gears to get a bump up to speed, not sure then even if it could pull 2 ton 55 mph.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:47 pm

if a guy could find a ud engine and trans(auto) it would make a bump stand up and talk--guy i worked for had one--i always wanted that setup in a scout, but they are big enuff to power a travelall--500,000 miles is no sweat--his was an early 90's and was barren of most computer controls

on the other hand fossil fuel powered stuff is soon to be scrap Very Happy
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Still waiting for that lutz capacitor to arrive for the 67!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:38 pm