fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Burns Tornado

71ford100
    71ford100

Burns Tornado Empty Burns Tornado

Post by 71ford100 Wed May 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Well thats the closest my family has ever come to a Tornado, yesterday night about 7pm I hoped on the weather channel and saw that a tornado had been spotted near Burns so I started calling my dad, mom, house phone, and both brother's cells and none answered. Finally got a hold of my brother they both had went to get fuel and it got bad to they headed to the HS and the janitor let them and the dog in and they were hiding in the school. Finally got a hold of my Mom (home alone) she was in the basement it was hailing golf balls and windows were breaking out of the hosue she had been trying to get the cows outta the ravine but it got too bad to be outside. I could hear the wind blowing while she was downstairs in the far corner from windows. After tracking everyone down I headed to Burns to see what all was damaged. I got to Hillsdale and met my brothers as they couldn't get down the Burns road as water was flowing down the RR tracks and was up to the bottom of the stopsign. We got to my brothers employeers house and he was missing some cows but couldn't get to them in a truck so they took out a IH MX165 and got farther but quit when it got up to the axles (his pasture runs along the RR). Tried to go home on one Gravel road but it was completely washed out with 4-6 foot cutouts. Made it to the Burns pavement and saw where the Tornado crossed the highway tin everywhere, a center pivot trashed, a couple of pole barns gone. Got to another road and found more debris (about a mile to the southwest of the house and the tornado was moving NW). Our wheat is trashed, totalled the little brothers trampoline (several hundred yards from where it was) tore down some power lines and the pasture is full of junk, broken windows, but that is all they got. I read the strait winds in Burns were over 90mph and the tornado was several miles east of town..... definately not typical Wyoming weather.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Burns Tornado Empty Re: Burns Tornado

Post by hardtailjohn Wed May 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Damn!!! Glad to hear all the family is ok.......but sorry about the crop and all. You guys just keep all that tornado stuff away from us "stick folk" up here!
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu May 20, 2010 7:26 am

glad ya'll dodged the bullet

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:54 am