fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

2 posters

blower motor short update--2nd update---3rd update

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

blower motor short update--2nd update---3rd update Empty blower motor short update--2nd update---3rd update

Post by Admin Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:34 am

i have bought a new switch--not installed yet--the battery may be bad--it was down yesterday when i went to start the van

the heater with new core will smoke ya out on low

the battery was purchased at autozone 12/08--the best one they had--gonna do a batt swap & see what happens--along with installing the new switch

UPDATE

new switch install--batt showed an open cell on my handy dandy electronic battery charger--full speed blower with all the electrical stuff on and in drive

i think the switch was faulty (max position) and i think the battery had begun it's southward journey

see new entry

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

blower motor short update--2nd update---3rd update Empty Re: blower motor short update--2nd update---3rd update

Post by Admin Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:16 pm

it's fixed--see above update blower motor short update--2nd update---3rd update Icon_biggrin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

blower motor short update--2nd update---3rd update Empty Re: blower motor short update--2nd update---3rd update

Post by Admin Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 am

well--i guess it is not fixed--weird--it will only kill the engine if i have the lights on,radios(cb & head unit) on, in drive or reverse--at idle, blower switch on max position and then slide the climate control switch to any function (ac,vent,heater,etc)

if the blower position is lo,med or hi all is fine

gonna have the system(alt) checked at the local alt/starter shop first time i make it to town--been playing hermit here of late

good news is, i worked in the yard yesterday with no ill effects from my back--hoo ray
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:18 pm

so i made the trip to town today--dog to the vet --then van past the alt shop--the old ford made their high dollar machine --as the guy said---read all chinese and shit---he tested it the way i had been--with a multimeter--putting out 14.6------and the blower refused to kill the engine---general consensus---gotta be a ground

electrical hoo doos will make ya old young
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Damned gremlins!! blower motor short update--2nd update---3rd update Icon_cyclops They always try to make ya look bad!
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:00 pm

what he said

and

i make mirrors break--so i don't need extra load on the "lookin'bad"

my parents bought me and my wife(at the time) a early 70's 4 door chev--that thing had a bugger that still blows my mind--in retrospect it had to be a ground--anyway--the fuse box was on the kick panel above the dimmer switch--bolt/screw that fuse box to it's mount and nothing would work--let 'er dangle and all was fine

ghosties

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:11 am