fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Anybody know anything about Denver

spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Anybody know anything about Denver Empty Anybody know anything about Denver

Post by spartman Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:27 pm

The old lady is thinking about relocating to the Denver area when she graduates college.

Soooooo I figure I better start looking at what its gonna be like and cost to live there.

Been to the Department Of Revenue site and found out about the drivers licenses, emissions shit, and title fees.

OUCH!!!!

Havent figured out what neighbor hoods to look at or ignore yet.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Anybody know anything about Denver Empty Re: Anybody know anything about Denver

Post by Admin Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Denver--you are in for major culture shock

the air quality sucks

you will more than likely end up living farther from work than you do now--unless you find a job and then find a house

there are some "good" neighborhoods in Denver proper, been since the mid 70's that I lived there--the big corridor is I25 north or south towards the springs--East on 70 has built up way out to and past the new airport--look at Bennett on the map

really--you need to know where you are gonna be working and go out from there
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Have no idea right now where or even if thats where we are gonna end up.

Got almost 2 years yet before anything will happen.

Figured Id keep an eye out ya know.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 am

craigslist has a real estate section

and use the google maps street view to look around potential neighborhoods

there are so many burbs to choose from--aurora used to be a good area

the air problem is from the inversion caused by the front range--in the 70's chunks of the "brown cloud" would bust loose and float across ks--they were plainly visible
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Highlands Ranch is the fancy neighborhood to the Southwest of Denver. Castle rock is about 30 minutes south of downtown and is pretty nice and more rural. Douglas county which is the south end of Denver is pretty rich. I don't know much about Aurora, Englewood, or any of the northern burbs. I know a guy that drives from Greeley to Invesco field every day.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:45 am

seat time sucks unless you are on the clock

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content