fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

mountain lions in MO

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

mountain lions in MO Empty mountain lions in MO

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 am

http://www.wgem.com/Global/story.asp?S=13903287

big cats on the prowl--i have seen some around here and down by lake whitney in tx--matter of fact, i believe one of my dogs got in a tangle with one by lake whitney, blum actually, he came dragging in after a couple of days missing--had some pretty big puncture wounds on his head and neck--laid up under the porch for about 2 wks--after that he hated cats--even the sound of one--yowling--would set him off--prior to that he paid no attention to a cat
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

mountain lions in MO Empty Re: mountain lions in MO

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:44 am

They moved in here about 20 years ago. The fish cops now figure they kill more deer than the hunters do. This year they will kill 45. Anyone can get a tag but season's over when 45 have been taken. A couple months ago one killed a couple minerature ponys and injured another. I guess they finally found something those little dwarf horses are good for, lion feed.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:51 pm

i read on the RC newspaper about the season being open--sometime back when ya'll had a good snow---made tracking them a whole lot easier

when we lived in ne ok--between 61 & 68--kansas, ok to be specific--we did some box trapping--one of my buds shot a bobcat and more than once on the way home from the evening run, something way bigger than a bobcat was trailing us--that cry will send shivers up the spine--especially when you are 10 or 12
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:51 am

I remember when I was about 11 I was playing in the woods behind our pond when I heard a cry a lot louder than any bobcat had ever made.....Who knew you could run that fast to the house.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content