fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Clutch material questions

71ford100
    71ford100

Clutch material questions Empty Clutch material questions

Post by 71ford100 Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:52 pm

While looking for a clutch online I found several different materials they used to make them that I was unfamilar with as far as clutch performances, strenths, weaknesses, etc. I tried a few internet searches but everything kind of conflicted what other websites said.

Is anyone familiar with Kevlar, Carbon, and a composite of the two? I felt like any of the ceramic clutchs for the cobra were overkill and I don't need something that grabby for street/highway driving.

I ended up getting a Spec stage 2+ Kevlar/Carbon Composite that is still more than I need but found mostly good reviews on it. Most of the negative ones were about 10 years old or people slammed the kit because of a made in china bearing they included.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Clutch material questions Empty Re: Clutch material questions

Post by spartman Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Well kevlar is heat reasistant and they also use it for bullet-proof vests.

Not sure about the Carbon
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:38 pm

We've got Kevlar in 2 of our tractors, and I'm really happy with them! They'll squak a bit if they get slipped much, but they're WAAAAAAAAAY better than a ceramic clutch EVER thought of being!!
    JH

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:01 pm