fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

+2
hardtailjohn
CJ,s 67 F100
6 posters

My truck was stolen yesterday

CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

My truck was stolen yesterday Empty My truck was stolen yesterday

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:04 pm

I worked 10:30-7:00 Saturday. I parked my truck were I was supposed to at the far end of the lot closest to I-30. I walked out to go to lunch at 3pm and stood in the rain for 3 min. looking for my truck. It wasn't there. I went in and called 911 and a Garland cop came out about 4pm. My boss checked the parking lot security video and saw a white 4 door pickup circle it 3 times and then stop between the store and my truck for 2 min. then it pulled off and my truck followed it. 1:09 pm. I called my insurance agent and of course no answer so I left a message. I called State Farm claims and reported it. Claims never called back so I didnt get a rent car yet. Garland Police called me today at work and said Dallas PD had found it abandoned in Dallas. And the front end was gone. After work my gf took me to the Dallas pound. The Ranch Hand front bumper was gone and the grill. The radio and no telling what else. My tool box was cut open and of course my tools gone. I was only allowed 3 min. in it. My wheels and tires (all 5) are gone and it has 4 different wheels and tires on it. My new Interstate is gone of course. I,ll have to take off work tomorrow and meet a wrecker to haul it to Prestige Ford on Garland road. Dallas PD pound wont turn it loose to anyone but me. I'll post updates as they come in. I couldn't drive it home because I had no headlights.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

My truck was stolen yesterday Empty Re: My truck was stolen yesterday

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:14 pm

I HATE a friggin' theif!!! Hope they catch 'em and let you at them first! Sorry about the rig... assholes are everywhere.
    John
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:24 am

I hate hearing that. Could they ID the truck from the video?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:50 am

man--that really sucks--that is the very reason i quit caring about having a newer and good looking ride---chop shop ring for sure--add me on the hate a thief list--then add every curse and adjective to the description of said lower than a snakes belly scum sucking evil cruel heartless no good for nuthin' shit eatin'lilly livered wankers--i could do better but it's early and i woke up to the mother of all thigh cramps--i pray blessings on u mr c--life on this rock can be pretty dang screwy Twisted Evil
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:22 am

Man that sucks big time

Either a chop shop or friggen spics.
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:52 pm

They could not ID the truck from the video. We have pretty good cameras but in the rain and far away we could only tell it was white and a four door short bed. Got my rent car today so I'm rolling again and waiting on State farm to get it out of the Pound. They pay the pound so I'm a couple hundred ahead at the start.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 am

Man I hate to hear that. I've been told State Farm is pretty good about claims so they ought to have you back on the street pretty quick.

It's pretty much a rule of thumb that municipal impound lots won't release a vehicle to anyone but the registered owner. The idea has it's pros and cons. The good is the owner gets it back. The bad comes into play if the owner can't come fetch it due to illness or being locked up themselves. Also if the owner passes away it causes even more grief for the family having to jump thru hoops to get it back.

Anyone who has to go to a municipal impound would be wise to take a bunch of pics of your buggy if you're not going to take it right then. It's getting to be common practice for cash strapped cities to outsource the operation of the lots to private contractors. Some of the employees of these outfits and even some municipal employees are known to grab what they want and blame it on the thieves. This causes a bunch of chit if they grab stuff AFTER the insurance adjuster has already looked it over.
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 am

Yea I met the State farm rep that is getting my truck to Prestige Ford's body shop yesterday morning.
    I had to sign a slip that stated I was releasing it to the wrecker driver and it was notorized.
    Worked 3:30-9pm yesterday and had a call from the Ford house guy handling my truck
    He said he needed a copy of my DL and insurance so I dropped off a copy this morning.
    He'll call and let me know when it arrives so we go can go over it whith a fine tooth comb
    Thats what the State farm guy told me to do also
    Started pricing stuff for my truck that I know is missing just to keep The Ford house honest
    I got the 4-Harley wheels, center caps and lug nut prices from the same dealership I took my truck to. $7,018.40 That does not include 5 tires or the 20" xlt spare wheel
    Called ranch hand for a price on my bull nose front end replacement $799.00 plus $100.00 to install and they won't have one for 3-4 weeks
    Ford tow hooks 2@$89.60
    RKI steel chest tool box $422.99
    Hi-Lift jack mount $38.25
    Hi-Lift jack $104.25
    Warn Winch quick connect power cable $97.80 plus S&H
    5 Goodyear Wranglers @ $379.00 each from discount Tire
    The trick is to get this repair price as high as I can without them totaling the truck
    I found 4- 20" 2012 XLT take offs with Michelins yesterday for $650 on Craigs lift from an individual
    I talked to him and he took them off the same day he bought his new F250.
    I really want 18's but thats a good deal
    Now if I can just get a check from State farm before someone snatches them up

CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:35 am

Craig who is handling my truck with Prestige Ford called and said State farm had looked at my truck yesterday. he said they agreed with all of it except my tool box, wheels and tires. Guess I might have to negotiate a little. 5 HD wheels, tires, center caps and lug nuts from Ford cost $9k. I'll just get some off Ebay for half that or less. They allowed $150 for my tool box. A new one like it cost $555
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:16 pm

stuff adds up quick--that sucks on the tool box and wheels---i really don't like insurance companies and/or the way they do business
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Update, I got my original bumper and spare to the Ford house Wed. They finally got a "Go" from State Farm. They told me to get some wheels and tires for it and they'd pay for them. I told them to send me half of Ford's 9k price and I would. They finally agreed and I ordered some off E bay.
    No Ranch hand for at least another 3 weeks so I had to have some kind of front bumper on it when I pick it up. Hopefully late next week. Gonna miss the 35mpg on this lil Hyundai. But not the Hyundai
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:28 am

good 2 hear it's working out----35 mpg is pretty nice these days
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Well I won the wheels I want. Finally. It was a buy now or make offer. I made an offer and they accepted. Woo Hoo. I'm havin them shipped to Northern Tool. I can pick them up at work when delivered and shipping was free to a business address
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 pm

:great: :great:
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 pm

that's good news--a good truck is a sweet thing Very Happy
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 am

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:01 am

nice wheels bub :great:
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:52 am

The wheels arrived late Fri. at work and I got them in my rent car. Sat. morning I got my gf up earily ( normal time for me, earily for her) and we were at the tire shop at 8am. We took her car and my car. I had to haul one in the back seat and trunk of her car and my rent car to the Ford house. That was the only way I could get em there. Then 4 people asked me why I didnt borrow there truck. Anyway I got er done. The truck looked finished except for the driver seat was out being recovered, Hope I get it back this week.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm

i hope ya do 2
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Last Wed. I took the truck to my cousins farm and took the tool box off for repairs. You ever tried to take a thru bolted anything off by yourself? I just got his angle grinder out and ground off the carrage bolt heads in the tool box. Of course that caught some loose paper on fire in the box. No need having a boring grinding job. Dang I forgot how heavy that thing was by myself. I got my DP tuner from Jody Fri. and had hell uploading the tunes from my computer to it. Finally got it whooped today. Down load two tunes from his email and then a new driver for them then save it to my desk top ( my desktop resisted this) then upload it to my device and then down load my recently flashed stock tune to the device and then upload the Economy tune. Gotter-done today. Now I can squezze a few more mpg out of her and run like a stripped ass ape again while Im doing it. Just looking for a used Ranch hand bull nose or even a Ranch hand brush guard on ebay and craigslist. I'll try and post some pics soon
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Wed May 02, 2012 9:04 am

I went ahead and got another Interstate battery late last week. It just bothered me not to have 2 new ones on it. No new Ranch hand bull nose yet. I have not returned to my cousins to repair my tool box yet. I don't know if I'm getting lazy or old or both.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon May 07, 2012 9:36 am

both--it's ok--it's a galactic thing(formerly "universal") My truck was stolen yesterday 301330
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Tue May 08, 2012 6:06 pm

galactic sounds good, universal sounds kinda gay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 am