fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Stuck here a bit longer.........

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Stuck here a bit longer......... Empty Stuck here a bit longer.........

Post by hardtailjohn Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:03 am

Well, I passed my DOT physical yesterday...guess I'm stuck here for a couple more years to get my money's worth out of it. lol! I was sorta sweating it because of the constant ringing in my ears...had it for a few years now. I almost didn't make the last physical when they tested my hearing with one of those "tone" machines...this time the nurse stood 20' behind me and in a quiet voice said words that I needed to repeat. Sure is nice to find someone "realistic" about it... She was a real character, and the Doc is an Iraq vet..nice guy and pretty cool. (even if he is just a youngster!) All in all, it was a somewhat "realistic" physical and I came away feeling just a little more hope for the "system"...
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Stuck here a bit longer......... Empty Re: Stuck here a bit longer.........

Post by AlleyCat Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:05 am

Since I happen to know you're partial to Kay Dubyas I can't hit you with the old line about old truckers and new Peterbilts but I'm glad to hear you passed. I damn near got disqualified over one of those tone machines myself so I know where you're coming from. The idjits that came up with that test ought to have to drive an old 318 Detroit for a couple days. I suspect the standards would be revised a bit. Laughing
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:25 am

glad u made it thru---my last hearing test wasn't so good, my hearing has been bad since high school--my guess is a massey ferguson tractor had a big play in that and later on, some fool wanted to shoot a 45 in sub zero weather--that hurt for days Twisted Evil ----- as far as real world hearing, i think mine is still pretty good

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content