fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

4 posters

Semi update

71ford100
    71ford100

Semi update Empty Semi update

Post by 71ford100 Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Went and checked the semi out today...or what I could anyways. It has a Cat strait 6 in it but I couldn't find a tag and I couldn't tilt the hood open.The tires were ok but would get all new rubber when that project rolled around. Doesn't know about a title but thinks there is one. The trailer that is with it is a single axle and in my opinion just scrap. Truck has some rust but overall seemed solid. The guy won't price anything but said to make low offers so I don't know what to do. He had two WD-9's sitting on the semi trailer both of those are locked up and he told my dad he was thinking 1000 for the pair and said one ran. Also there was a 46 Autocar, 64 VW beetle, Ford Falcon Van, 2- 29 and 2 32 buicks not for sale, tons of loose parts 51ish chevy dump truck supposed to have a rebuilt 350 ready to install.

I hate to rip the guy off does 1750 sound like a fair offer for the tractors and the semi if it has a title? I will have to pay someone to haul the truck it is way too heavy for my trailer. I know that is probably low but it will probably cost another 500 to have the truck hauled the 150 miles (gonna see what the company i work for would charge to haul it on the lowboy) and it will be a money pit to make it road worthy again.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Semi update Empty Re: Semi update

Post by Admin Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:52 pm

i would offer him what it'll scrap for--that's low and all he can do is say "not enuff"--no harm--no foul cheers
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:33 pm

I'd say you're plenty fair there, Lance. Hard to say if that engine in the truck is any good either. If it's a 1693, parts a VERY expensive! That age, I'd say it's not...but who knows. Can't wait to see ya get it!
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 pm

What would be cool is to buy the 51 dump truck and put that body on the truck frame.

Hell of a sleeper thare..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:28 pm