fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

mobil 1 filters and oil

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

mobil 1 filters and oil Empty mobil 1 filters and oil

Post by Admin Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

i am sold--while i can not "prove" it, i am satisfied it does make a difference--particularly in the newer engines--i also have a strong belief in the bg products "moa" friction reducer--we had made a trip to dallas prior to an oil change and adding the bg stuff--the mileage was good, then Julie made a trip to austin--noticeable improvement--due to quirky electronic odometer i can't nail it down, but using known distances, there is a change
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

mobil 1 filters and oil Empty Re: mobil 1 filters and oil

Post by hardtailjohn Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 pm

As much as I sometimes hate to admit it... I used to work for an outfit that sold "Microlon" and it actually did make a difference too. I even made it home one time with a spun bearing in my 429, thanks to Slick 50. Some of that stuff does make a difference. I'm a big fan of the additives in gear boxes and such.
    Lucas has some interesting stuff out there as well! I run his gear oil in our swather gearbox, since we lost the main bearings a few years ago... ring gear, pinions and bearings ran about $3000, so I figured it can't hurt!
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Seems the Lucas products are popular. We run it in everything at the scrap yard. Boss swears the engine oil additive makes a noticable difference in the bearings on his drag car. I dunno which is harder on bearings. Mid 5 second passes or 10 ton overloads. Whatever is harder the Lucas seems to help.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 am

AC--i believe you can go to the airport fuel guy and get it without any special permits or have your fuel delivery guy bring ya some--mainly a higher octane fuel(from what i remember from my helicopter spraying days--that's what the g4a bell used)--probably has some other additives for altitude and such

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content